Saturday, October 15, 2011

Appreciating your love ones

It is already halfway in october ...we are already two third into 2011 ...time seems to fly super duper fast ...lots of things that i should have done are yet to be done ...lots of unexpected things happenned ....one of the unexpected is my dad's health ...he seems to be having problem since june this year ...first it was his postural hypotension ...the ambulance ride to hospital, followed by a rather frequent illness ....in fact today, it just hit me...he seems very frail ....in my mind, he is always the healthy one ....i only recalled the only time my dad was admitted to hospital was when i was either in kindy or primary one ....an aeon ago ...i vaguely recalling us visiting him at the hospital....nowadays, particularly the last 3 months, i have been sending him for various check ups nearly every other week ....

Then one of my colleagues, who recently lost her dad to dementia, advised me to put family first ....and to drop everything at work, to take leave and so on so that i can send my dad for check ups ...she said that work can always wait, our parents can't wait ...appreciate them while they are still here ...i take that advice to heart ...i know last year i had been very busy at work ...i often worked late, brought work home and what not ...but nowadays, i have cut down my late evening workings, and brought work home instead ....i spent more ime with my parents ....i just hope that they are listening to me when i want to send them for check ups ...it is frustrating at times as my dad can be very difficult ...we, i.e. my brother and i had to twist his hands in order to get him to hospitals ...

It struck me that both my parents are not as healthy as they used to be ...and it saddens me ...

3 comments:

fendifid said...

Sabar Ejin,

Try your best and I agree with your fren. Hopefully things will get better soon.

Liz Duan said...

Totally agree...however..like many other things, it is not easy to fulfill what our heart's desire...lagi lah being me with distance and all...it's all about sacrificing one thing or another...god bless me..

Ejin said...

Ya lah, at least aku dekat ...kalau jauh, memang stress ....macam adik aku yang dok kl tu, asyik dengar ajer about my dad punya hospital visit, she is worried tapi the distance tu lah masalah nya ....