Thursday, June 25, 2009

All Work and no play ....

I was too busy since May that I have not been updating this blog as regularly as I used to ...and get reminded by friends that my blog has been stagnant for a long time that if an Aedes mosqito lay eggs in the water, it would already became an adult mosquito instead of a larvae!

So, I guess, since too much have happenned workwise - i'll do it in this posting - secara sepintas lalu (i adopted Haslina's summary method - refer blog: journey with iris)


Module 2 PG Diploma
********************

The highlight of this Module was ...jeng jeng jeng ...we ate a really delicious roti jala ...then found a dead cockaroach floating inside the gravy! And i was about to have a second serving .....put me off roti jala (for now!)

The exam was so tough - coz (1) i didnt read as i was in KL; (2) it is not an essay question - so hard to do; (3) a guy in the class left the exam hall just after 30 mins hehehehe, and i left 15 mins later ...never in my life i did this!


Module 3 PG Diploma
*******************
JUst start this week, but i got permission to miss the first two days as i have other workshop to attend ...and i have to do extra assignment to cover my absense :-(

today, we got another 3 assignments ...so 4 assignments for me to do before 6th July ..but here i am doing a posting, instead of studying or doing my assignment ...and we got another 2-day of lectures and one exam to do before Module 3 is over ...can't wait!

Capacity Building Workshop
*************************
I attended this Capacity Building Worksho for Younf Scholars earlier this week...it was nerve-racking coz i have to present a paper in front of the top guns in the field of social sciences. And I was the last presenter - so more pressure there. The paper was disected - and lots of comments from the top guns - i need to improve it but that's on hold for now ...i had to improve another papaer first - but this one was presented by Haslina - so, kudos to her for a really good presentation. will do a posting on this with lots of photos later

New students
************
they are coming ...and i am definitely going to be more busy! havent really done my slides yet ...looks like i will sacrifice my weekends (AGAIN)

4 comments:

munua said...

I've always wanted to ask you...do you enjoy being a lecturer? You know coz to be a lecturer was my first serious ambition back in the univ days. For some reasons after sitting for my final exam, I got an offer to work in consultancy firm in KL and stucked there for some times and the long sojourn there has sort of killed my interest to pursue that very first ambition!!

Ejin said...

I was the complete opposite - I sort of think that i'll work in a consultancy for life! Did that - just lasted for 2 years ..yes, i enjoy being a lecturer. There is 2 components that we have to do: (1) lecture, and (2) research. So far I enjoy both ...but my problem is more on time management. Have too much to do that sometimes I am sacrificing my weekends. Now I am joining this course that teaches us how to be an effective teacher - which is cool but very assignment-laden.

Still planning on doing your master?

munua said...

i seriously don't know. need to settle a few more things. we'll see lah...i just want to ensure that i'm mentally and physically prepared for it.

Ejin said...

I understand your reservations ...especially with your kids and all that .. but at least you know that you wont have the problem in terms of support from your employer kan ..do it when you are ready lah.