Thursday, June 25, 2009

Balik kampung trip - Gawai 2009

Earlier this month, the whole family went back to kampung for Gawai. We spent the first day of Gawai here, but went back to kampung on the second day. As usual we didn't stay overnight at the longhouse, we just stayed at our own "cottage"...my dad got the idea for this building structure after he visited me in England in 2002. After his retirement, he built this house ..and this is our kampung home - we are more comfortable here than at the longhouse - i guess...more privacy ....



The fourth day of Gawai, we went to Sri Aman - originally to change out voters' registration - but the counter was unmanned...then my trip to ASB office was also unfruitful (I HATE THE RED TAPE AT ASB!!!)...and went to visit my cousin, whom I havent seen in a long time....one thing lead to another - and we ended up staying another night at kampung ...to late to drive back to Kuching!




But it was a fun trip ...i got to relax a bit...do a bit of gardening ...visits friends and relatives and spent time with my family ....

2 comments:

munua said...

Before reading this post, my first impression when I saw the house pic was that "you must have gone back down memory lane to the UK!!". Later on realised it was your kampong's house. Great, great design. Very European! Your father memang has great taste.

Ejin said...

hehehe thanks Don..yeah, my dad went overboard when designing this house. Now he is trying to incorporate the English Garden theme here after he got the inspirations from our visit to the Olde Smoke House in Cameron Highland.