Tuesday, March 5, 2013

First class in Vics

Today marks the first day of my classes ...it is like so weird coz usually I am in the front talking nonsense ...hahaha but this morning I was one of the students attending my first lecture at Vics. Thought I was early by arriving 5 minutes early ...but by the time I arrived, the huge lecture theatre at Kirk Building was nearly full ...turns out that the stream that I enrolled in was full to its capacity ie. 400 students per stream ...and the afternoon stream also has full house ...

I never ever had this many students in this class before ...even when I was in Newcastle, the class was never this big ...and since it is a "calculating" subject, i dont know how it is gonna work ...but we will be having tutorials and drop in sessions as well throughout the week ...and the funny thing is that when the lecturer - who was highly recommended by my SV - told us that each tutorial group should be between 40-50 ppl ...but they only prepare rooms for 30 people in a group - coz attendance is not compulsory and many people will be skipping classes and tutorials ...ehehehehe sounds so much similar to the case back home in Malaysia :-)

was told that we will be needing graphic calculator ....and he said the brand new one costs about $135 ....bloody hell ...it is so expensive!!!! and there are cheaper version but not as good as that one ...i am going to go for a cheaper version tomorrow ...

and we were also told that we need to get the text book ...the new one costs $80-90 hahahaha that is equivalent to one nice pair of jeans here ...or a nice jacket (on sale price!) ...or a pair of boots!!! so what did I do??? I went to trademe - a website where we can buy or sell pre-loved items or even finding a roommates, car, etc etc. And guess what - a lot of copies of the textbook in question and the prices vary ..ranging from $30 - $80 for second hand books ...but, lucky me, I bought one book for ....wait for it .....jeng jeng jeng ...$20 (plus $5 delivery charges) ...cheap ehhhh ..hahaha i am so happy!!! at least i am saving approximately $60 there :-)

anyway, this class is a one hour class so, we are having 3 classes a week ...today was ok ...and I am hoping the rest will be ok as well ...i am not looking forwards to its 7 assignments, mid term test and final exam test. Was told that the final exam test is a 3-hour exam!!! Has been so long since I do tests of this nature ...wish me lucks guys ...

2 comments:

fendifid said...

aiyo...buku pun nak cheap. ha ha ha.
tak aci...baju kasut sumer nak mahal.

Ejin said...

hahahah teruk kan??? padahal buku tu lagi penting lol ...

aku save duit sebab nak beli kasut pas nie lol ...priority harus betul