Friday, September 12, 2008

If money is no object ...

I got my credit card statement yesterday and I was thinking when am i going to clear all those debt. I really want to clear it all off (if possible!) before my Bandung trip. So, that gives me roughly 3 months to do so - a virtually impossible mission I would say!

And it got me thinking - if money is no object...what would I do with my "newly acquired" purchasing power. If I am making a list, i reckon it would be endless! But would this unlimited flow of cash make me happy or happier than I am now? I would love to be happy, and not worry about finances. Who wouldn't?

There were times in my life, when money were so tight, that I really have to count coins just to makes ends meet. I even work two jobs! There were months when I didn't receive any salary coz it was yet to be approved (I was working part-time then). but the rent, the car loan, the cost of fuel still have to be paid. I had to resort to borrowing money from my pensioner dad (imagine how sad and small this makes me feel!) and a dear friend (whom I just known less than a year then! Thanks Moi...). Those were the lean time and thank God I got through it all ...

Back to the rhetoric question: what would I do if I have unlimited money? First of all, I would say I clear all my debts - mortgage, car loan, study loan etc. I'll definitely pay my brother and sister's loans as well...and then I'll fly my friends and assorted handbags for a trip round the worlds - first class accommodation all the way! On second thought, I'll buy my own plane so that we have more space and privacy:-))

And Moi Lina, Iris, Moi Next Door, amber ann and ian - we'll go anywhere in the world except Alaska ok...I am sure by then, I'll have enough money to bribe somebody to send you know who to Alaska! And we'll leave her there for good :-)

If only these were true! But then again, after what I saw during my site visit yesterday - I am grateful for what I have. Sometimes we just need to be reminded how lucky we are...to know that you have family and friends who are there for you - through thick and thin- are comforting. so, my dear friends, thank you for being there for me...and yes, if I have unlimited cash, I would definitely shower you guys with gifts and take you with me for holidays anywhere you want...but remember, this is only an angan2 mat jenin!

3 comments:

fendifid said...

Sis, Berapa kali angah nak kabor ni? "angan angan adalah salam kepada impian". So keep dreaming (yang positive je lah ye.)

Ejin said...

I more or less expect that peribahasa to come in your comment. And you are right! Who knows, one day it might come true (even though the dream may sound ridiculous)...

Liz Duan said...

ok lah philosophy abg ngah tu but then again enjoy and cherish what you have in hand