Sunday, June 20, 2010

D is for Daddy ...Happy Father's Day Dad!

It's Father's Day today ...and I am putting it out to the world how much I love my dad ..and how much he means to me ...

Happy Father's Day Aba...thank you for everything. You have always been there for me, and your words of wisdom, your support and encouragement has shaped me to be what I am today ..i know i would be lost without you ...i love you and that's forever xxx

one of our happiest family memories: lunch at Olde Smoke House


My dad is such a big influence in my life ..he does not talk much, but when he speaks up his mind, it is really something that matters ....i am my daddy's girl ...have always been and always will be ...he will be the first person we all goes to when we have problems, when we have great news, when we want to make a decision ...university courses, career path, buying houses, relationships ...he never makes the decision for us, just outlining the pros and cons ...he teaches us how to be responsible ...and how to be independent ...one of his advice to us when we were growing up "independence is important ...i'll may never be there for you guys forever, you must know how to be independent" ...and i think, all three of us are able to be independent when we have to :-)


he had worked so hard when we were younger to ensure that we have everything we need ...i know, at times, he sacrificed at lot for us ...for our education and comfortable life ...we were not rich, but we were comfortable ... and now, that all of us are working, we all tried our best to give back to both dad and mum ...one of his dream was to see the Olde Smoke House ...we took him for a vacation there, and he was absolutely thrilled ...God's willing, my sister and I will bring him to realise his other dream soon - to see the Borubudur Temple - and perhaps in years to come, we will bring him to see the famous Angkor Wat ...mind you, all these gestures will never be enough to pay back all his sacrifice and his efforts in raising us ..we are all indebted to him ...that can never be repaid ...all we can do, is to raise our kids what he had taught us ..so that, he will always be in us ...if i can do even a quarter of what he had done to us, that would be a great achievement indeed ...

During my brother's wedding

I could never imagine my life without my dad ...i know i would be utterly lost without him ....love you dad - thank you for giving me such a wonderful life, and teaching me the meaning and importance of life ...


Happy Father's Day Aba ...and wishing that we will spend a lot more Father's Day together ...

3 comments:

fendifid said...

You are lucky for having such of wonderful dad. I missed my Abah. hu hu hu.

Liz Duan said...

adoiiii...menyedihkan di pagi hari...have tears in my eyes....i cant even say happy father's day to my dad....i just cant! father's day for me is duan to my kids...i just cant relate

Ejin said...

jgn le sedih ....aku very close ngan my dad, i really cannot imagine life without him ...