Saturday, December 18, 2010

The grass is also greener on your own lawn! Be thankful ...

Just came across these pictures ...taken last year (i think) when we were doing a research in Sabah ....we were interviewing respondents (all girl gang) at one of the cafes ...research related to social ills and social problems ....They are a group of girls from the nearby setinggan ...most of them from breakup families, in dire poverty and all that ...and some of the girls were as young as 11 years old ...had dropped out of schools and so on

Haslina (in red t-shirt), Dr M, Caroline (extreme right - our Research Assistant) and myself with the girls

me and Dr M

looking back, i know how lucky I am to be what I am today, and to have what I have today ...coz there are always the time when I always thought how can people be so rich and I have so little ....how can people afford to buy a new car, while i am still using my Wira ...how can people be going for holiday overseas twice a year etc etc ...like the grass is always greener on someone else's pasture .... this is the time when I realised that my grass is also greener than others ...they are people who are less fortunate than me ...but we often did not see the world that way ....so, what I am trying to say is ...be grateful for what you have ...always bersyukur ...God can give us what we have now, and God can also take it all back ...a note to myself: be thankful for what you have ...ALWAYS!

2 comments:

fendifid said...

bersyukur dengan apa yang kita ada.

Liz Duan said...

kebendaan ni mmg tak boleh banding2...syukur ajer dgn apa yg kite ada...kalau attitude ke tak pe dibanding2...