Thursday, December 16, 2010

Yoga - a new hobby

Yes, this exercise-shy, food-loving person is currently trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle ...Elena introduces me to this yoga studio (Maha Yoga @ Jalan Song) ...she said it is not taxing, but a great form of exercise ...i went for a trial session a couple of weeks ago ...and found that i quite like it ....but still I was dilly-dallying a bit till Liz said i need to wrap up my bum (ouch - that still hurts my feeling!), and i made up my mind to join this yoga group on a more regular basis ....

There are a few packages on offer ...i took the RM75 for 8 sessions a month ...meaning, I should be going twice a week ...right? hahahaha ...i missed the first week and a half as i was away in Melaka (enjoying great food which are high in calories - I just had to add that!) ...and now am trying to catch up the lost time by going 3 times a week ...thus far, I managed to do it ...

I kind of like it now ...firstly as it does not involve any running around and jumping or other forms of running ...and secondly, it is a bit flexible ....involve mainly breathing techniques, calming yourself ...and stretches (lots and lots and lots of stretches!) ....i felt great afterward ..and i have decided that I will try to do this at least once a week!

Just a brief insight of what i did in these sessions ....yesterday, we did that half head stand ...hahaha ...fun! trying to stand on your hear while your legs is on the wall ...i find that pose as really challenging LOL

the easy ones are ....

(for illustration purpose only)

(for illustration only)

(for illustration purpose only)

for illustration only

They all look easy ...but trying to stay in position for a period of time is tough ...towel is needed to wipe your sweat! I hate to sweat ...but sweating while doing yoga is refreshing coz I know I am burning my excess fat! hahahaha ....

4 comments:

fendifid said...

dengarnya...activity ini sudah ke laut....lariiiiiiiiiiiiii

Ejin said...

weiiiii ...still on lah ....cuma aku belum resume coz the yoga centre baru bukak ari ni ....last time aku cancel 2 kali sebab ada makan-makan function LOL

Liz Duan said...

ehh..i wrap my thighs dgn cling film...mula2 letak losyen mustajab yg panas tu then wrap...mmg panas terbakar lemak....aku tengah intensive ni nak kecik kan bum and thigh and perut...waaduhhhhhhh

Ejin said...

apa kebende lotion mustajap tu ...aku nak try le ...