Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Thought of the week #1: love


Saw this photo at Raymond's and Ismail's FBs and decided to copy it here (thanks guys ..halalkan gambar yea!) ..the words are deep and meaningful ..just when I was thinking about things that I wish I have, things in life that I thought would make my life more complete, more peaceful ...things that I do not have, but other people seems to have (and some taken it for granted) ...time when I had loads of wishful thinking and trying to impress the authority ...impress my colleague ...impress my friends ...and I saw this photo ...

A timely reminder I say ...I was becoming competitive ..too competitive ...I want this and that and everything ..but I failed to remember that sometimes God works in mysterious way ...I am trying to "sell" myself - especially with this PhD thing ...and today I dawned on me that, it it is meant to be mine, however difficult things are, how many obstacles I had to overcome, it will be mine ...but if it is not meant to be, it is not meant to be (see, the stress the killing me in the last few weeks!) ...

whatever it is, whatever the results, I know I love my job ..however, i just realised that i had in the last few month taken it for granted ....up to the point of becoming complacent ...that, I must AVOID in the future ...in order to progress, we must not be complacent ...always find new ways to do my job ...in this case, i must find new ways to impart knowledge ..i still love my job (despite being distracted!), but at the same time i must not be thinking too much about what other people have that i don't have ...

***deep breath **** am going for a massage session today ...need to clear all the knotted tension in me!

3 comments:

fendifid said...

Don't think too much. Just go with the flow..as Ita always said.

I know one day, Misha and Tasha will be proud to call you "mama prof".

Liz Duan said...

I like that saying...it is so true...be true to yourself..

Liz Duan said...

one thing we just have to stop comparing ourself or what we ahve and not with others....i learn n practice that....because comparisons will exhaust us...be blessed with what we have, and thankful...and the end of the day ...semua ni pinjaman semata mata...yang kekal nanti is hereafter...am reminding myself again and again