Tuesday, October 30, 2012

accommodation sorted

yeayyyyy finally got my accommodation in NZ sorted. And I have exactly 3 months to go before I uproot myself from home, from my comfort zone, from all things familiar .....so, having my accommodation sorted is a relief - not just to me, but to my family. Mum and dad, in particular, are worried (though they don't say it out loud) about me leaving home again. I guess they are so used to having me round after my last (long) stint abroad the last time ....so, knowing that I have already secure a place is somewhat a relief to them ....as Dad said, despite my age, I am still his little girl - hehehe and being the eldest has its previleges!

I opted to stay at uni accommodation - at least for this first year. It is a bit pricey compared to renting a room or flatting outside of campus. But, I just want something which is convenient for me - a roof over my head, a place that is within walking distance to the office and library, that has all the basic facilities - heating, laundry facilities and internet included in the rent!Saw a map of the area, and apparently my flat will be very near to my office and library ...and library is facing the harbour! So the views will be awesome!!!

on the down side, it is a flat shared by 4-5 people ... sharing with strangers can be tough if you cannot get along. But, am thinking positive ...plus the uni asked us to fill in a preference form - to gauge our compatibility with future flatmates ...so should be ok kot! It is not like I have never been in that situation before ...all my uni days in Newcastle before were spent in uni accommodation ....so, it is going back to similar environment ...goes with the territory I suppose ....

whatever it is, i know I will be missing my bed, my room, my house ......and mom's cooking! but hey, it is my choice to go to NZ, so just have to toughen it out for the next 3-4 years ...

"When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it."
 - Henry Ford 

3 comments:

Liz Duan said...

wah...seronot jugek eh...good taht u ahve sorted the accomodation..kalau aku pun aku opt for uni punya...lebh selamat lah

Ayu said...

Wah legaa. I pun jenis yang prefer duduk dekat dgn office & tak kisah mahal sikit ke apa sebab everything included in the rent & save time/cost on transportation kan. Good luck!! :)

Ejin said...

Liz & Ayu: yea lah ...a huge relief sebab tak yah pening2 cari rumah ...one less thing to worry about.