Tuesday, October 23, 2012

craving mode: pamelo salad

it is one of those cravings ...out of the blue i have this craving for pamelo salad ...i have not had the dish for over a year, but suddenly last night i was salivating at the thought of pamelo salad ..its tartness and the sweetness are oooo so yummy ...the problem is I dont have any pamelo at home! desperate punya pasal, called my cousin at the longhouse and ask them whether the pamelo tree at the cottage had bear fruits or not, or whether it is ripe enough to pluck ...and the answer is yes, there are a few fruits at the orchard, but no, it is not ripe enough for plucking! Punah harapan jap ....

the one I made earlier (years earlier lol)

Fear not, I am so determined to get this elusive fruit ..so, am going to pasar tani this weekend to get it, and pamelo salad will be the dish of the weekend! couldn't wait!

last night we had a sumptuous tapau dinner ....like Fendi said, I went overboard (probably because I was hungry when I ordered the food)...dad called me to ask me to get some takeaway dinner coz mum was not feeling well ....so, i stopped by my favourite seafood restaurant to get some of their yummy dishes ...alang2 menapau, biar tapau yang terbaik! ended up with calamari dish (sotong masak telur masin), baby kailan braised with garlic, braised tofu with all the trimmings, chicken in dried chillies mix, and seacucumber soup ...the soup is my mum's all time favourite, so something hot for her to sip since she didn't want to have any rice last night .... and it was way too much, ended up as leftover which we (my parents and I) had for lunch just now ....as usual, nafsu makan mengatasi segala2nya ....nasib baik tak membazir!

am getting home late tonight as I have to invigilate a mid-term exam (my own paper)..but my SIL already texted saying that she will get some take away meals for us for dinner ...so that mum can rest. And knowing my SIL, am sure tonight's meal will be veggie-less ...as she hates vegetables! macam macam hehehehe

3 comments:

Liz Duan said...

baru aku tahu pamelo ni limau barli..aku ingat adik beradik pamela anderson tadi...tapi bentuk nya mmg agak sama with pamela's tetttttttttttttttttt ha..ha..ha..

anyway kebetulan kan duan baru beli semalam manis and masam buah pamelo...yg manis pun cam getaran badan aku rasa cam masam aje...

Ejin said...

aku ingat limau bali ....nie baru first time aku dengar limau barli pulak ...hahahaha pamela pun pamela lah weiiiii

Liz Duan said...

ehhh limau BALI kot