Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Excuses excuses

My nephew is at it again .... he was so cranky this morning, just because he didn't want to wake up to go to school ...said he rather sleep and watch tv than getting up ....some days he is ok, but there are days when you literally have to drag him into the bathroom ...and the bad guy who always have to play this "dirty cop" is non other than myself! His mummy will not do anything as she will be the one who will console him after I forces the 5-year old to brush his teeth, and have his shower ....my parts end after supervising the shower! and mummy will take over ...by then Al will be ok and not sleepy anymore

Now I found a new tactic to get him to up quickly .... i will pretend to call his teacher to say that my nephew is sleeping and doesnt want to get up ....he will automatically get up if he saw me (pretending) looking for my mobile phone ....he knows that I have the teacher's number coz he heard me calling the teacher one day a couple of months ago when he was absent (due to flu at that time) ... now that tactic seems to work ..so, I am planning on using that every if I have to wake him up!


before this, the only tactic that works is by bribing him ..told him that if he gets up early, and get ready by 7.45am, he can play with my iPad whilst having his breakfast ...that works wonderfully for about 3 months ...before that I used to bribe him with cold milo ...promised him that if he goes to school or do his homework, I will take him to the corner shop not far from our place so that he can choose his own milo drink from the fridge ....


but he is such a cheeky boy ....i told him that he did brilliantly in his spelling tasks that I should reward him ...and I told him I will take him out for ice-cream as a treat ...he was jumping up and down saying thank you mama ...love you mama .....over and over again ...am touched! So, I took him out last Saturday to McD (his fav ice-cream is choc sundae) but the cheecky boy said he wanted chicken nuggets, french fries and cold milo as well ...and when he finished all of that, then and only then, he requested for an ice-cream ....clever huh? i promised him dessert but he negotiated for a whole meal inc dessert!

and he is only 5 years old ...pas nie apa dia nak mintak tak tau lah ......

2 comments:

Liz Duan said...

adoii...5 tahun boleh lah layan lagi...dah masuk 7 tahun mmg pakai jerit aje...kalau tak bawa rotan depan mata hee..he...mummy monster remember!

Ejin said...

masuk darjah 1 aku tak tau le ....will not be here to see that hehehe

yang nie pun the parents and my parents dah risau what will happen when I am gone nanti ..sebab org yang dia selalu ikut perintah was me ...time homework lah, time mandi pagi lah ...nanti tak tau lah who will take that role ...sedih pulak aku nak tinggalkan dia ngan adik. Tambah plak, next month adik akan start school