Saturday, December 22, 2012

Surprise Farewell Party

I am utterly and completely shocked ...my students organised a surprise farewell party for me and I was not aware of it ...I thought I was attending a party to mark their end of the semester, a party to celebrate the end of classes and before the final exam ..liitle did I know, I was the guest of honour!

they have cakes, and speeches and all that - I am so honoured an touched by it all ..all the other lecturers from my programme knew about it, but no one let the cat out of the bag ...even the Dean was in the know ...




they even prepared a performance segment lol very entertaining ..these guys are so funny ...making jokes and all that, and their song choices are awesome ...said that they chose "I will survive" as one of the songs, just to let me know that they will survive till the end of their course no matter what, and so that I do not have to worry about them - how sweet!!! I am so touched by their kind words, wishes and determination ...


and I took my nephew with me to the party - he gets on well with the guys!

Actually, I have been teaching this class for two semester - one of the most interactive groups that I have taught in this uni ...they would argued their points relentlessly, and willing to debate the issues. These sort of interactions are very lively and I do hope that they will remain like this in their other classes ...i sincerely hope that I have given them some knowledge that would be useful for them ...sometime they tested my patience, but most of the time they are ok. just a typical undergraduates ...Just have to remind myself that I was young once, and I was one of those who often skipped class, mischiveous and what not ...



Guys & girls - thank you so much for the wonderful surprise. It is not something that I'll forget :-) and may all of you be successful in your chosen careers ..Thank you!

2 comments:

Liz Duan said...

ohh you have so many many kids...seronok nampak...and glad to know that my friend is a favourite lecturer....jgn dok cenggeh sgt ...rimas aku...aku pulak yg rimas ha..ha..ha..

Ejin said...

Hahaha dia pulak yang rimas lol ...

Nasib baik aku tak nanges masa tu, was so terharu tau ...never thought that they would organized a farewell party for me ...hehehehe teruja akak pas tu!