Sunday, March 8, 2009

What I did this weekend ...OVERSPENDING!

Since I already submitted my report earlier in the week, I am enjoying a free-ish weekend (I mean free-ish coz I still have to so something to update the report but I was not so urgent and I can relax a bit).

Dad has been pressing me to go shopping with him since last week, but knowing I was busy he said he would wait till I am free. Since I'll be going for a field work next week (to Meludam and beyond ...again) and the following week (to KK...yipee... again), this is my only free weekend...so, today, me and my dad went shopping ...the intention is looking for a new electric grass-cutter (the one we have is on the verge of a breakdown - macam tuannya kot!), looking for something for Bujang Kecik (for his buaian), washing machine cover for mum (she has been asking me and dad for this since January!), as well as browsing through a few galleries to look for another painting for the house (and to get a frame for a painting that I bought in Bandung).

Well, the result was that we ONLY managed to get the thingy for Bujang Kecik ... the galleries were either too crowded or closed...went to 3 different places and couldn't find the grass cutter ...i, however, went back with a trunk-full of items (down feather Friven pillows, candle holder with multi-colored glass and copper design, picture frames - different sizes and designs and other home decor items)...things that were not in the list ...but i buy them anyway coz of the 50% off labels attached to them! Ended up spending a lot on things I don't really need ...and now, as I am writing this, the feeling of regret is creeping in ......typical isn't it ....but can't say I won't do it again - coz it has become a force of habit with me!

5 comments:

Liz Duan said...

talking about the paint from bandung tu , kite org punya baru siap...nanti aku post kan gambar nya...cantik bangat

Liz Duan said...

by the way, just treat shopping tu like a theraphy after hardwork..long hours...etc etc...nak heal kan segala unavoidable burden...like WORKING...

Ejin said...

yea ..aku pun treat it as therapy ..sebab terlalu stress, banyak le therapy yang perlu dilakukan

Pen_Merah said...

kalau stress, isap rokok la... hehehehe...

Ejin said...

hi Pen_Merah, isap rokok tak fun macam shopping hehehe ...