Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Book Collections

I love books! I love readings. I have been a keen reader since I was in school. My first memorable reading collections were the Enid Blyton series, the Hardy Boys, and Nancy Drews Series. One of my English teacher, Ms. Julie Kuek, used to encouraged me and she would bring a few of her own books for me to read. That was in my secondary school years...but then again, i was hooked on reading way before that. I remembered there were time when I was in primary schools my dad would leave me in the library (attached to his office, and the library staffs all knew my dad) if he was busy and didnt have time to send me straight home after school. I remembered I would either be talking to the staffs or sitting quietly reading in one corner...


This habit continues till today...during my uni days, I would go to the public library to borrow book...i can finish a paperback novel in 2-3 days if it was a exciting thriller! But nowadays, I don't have the time to indulge in this hobby of mine. I am busy most of the time so going to the library is a bit of a hassle. So, I end up buying more books than borrowing from the library....When I was in the UK, when i was skint, I would browse for book bargains at the charity shops or car boot sales ...very cheap books as well - I could easily get a novel for 50 pence!


Here's some of my book collection. These are only from one crate box...hehehe I have 2 more unopened boxes upstairs....plus a lot more books scattered round the house. I have been meaning to get a bookshelf but up till now my books are still all over the place. Note to self: get a bookshelf soon!



My favourite collections: Alex Cross Series (James Patterson), Grisham's novels and Patricia Cornwell's book...





This is one of my favourite - easy reading - book "Princess Bride". This is my own copy - a farewell present from my best buddy, Angela... it is kind of fun and easy going, a fairy tale story of love with its obstacles and happy ending (of course!). I don't own many books of this genre...my favourites are crime thrillers, forensic detective works and mystery.



At the moment, I don't have time to read like I used to. But I always find ways to indulge and immerse myself in a good book...e.g. I always bring a book or two when I am travelling (plane ride can be boring without books!) or staying in hotels...photo below showed that I am reading everywhere (even at the poolside!)


4 comments:

fendifid said...

byknya buku...I can't recall when was the last time I read. 10 years back maybe...

Ejin said...

tu baru satu kotak kecik je tu ..ada lagi a few boxes kat Sri Aman, and kat sini pun ada lagi dalam kotak2 yang aku belum unpacked lagi ...lagipun Book Excess kat PJ tu kan murah dia punya buku, aku selalu angkut up to 5-6 books everytime ke KL

Liz Duan said...

aisey..best nya byk buku..aku dok berbelah bagi nak beli angel and demon, sebab kisah nabi tak habis lagi...tafsir lagi berzaman berhenti...ni semua sebab blogging ...nak blame sape ni?

Ejin said...

aku ada dah angels and demon ...and the other two by Dan Brown...lupa dah title nyer