Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Shanghai: The Old and the New

I went to Shanghai for a conference a few weeks ago ...the trip was an eye opener ...my first trip to China ...and I am hoping it wont be my last ....i found that Shanghai is very modern ...with tall, modern buildings ..and at the same time, it retains its old, traditional elements ....a city of contrast ...

Some photos which I took during my trip ...more posting on my trip in Shanghai will be available in the other blog...

view of the Financial district in Pudong from the Bund ...awesome view! A testimony of how Shanghai has developed over the years!


view of the Bund ... one of the top attraction in Shanghai

shopping area with traditionally designed buildings ....Renmin Road near YuYuan Garden

the impact of globalization ...Starbucks ...

one of the building inside YuYuan Garden


4 comments:

fendifid said...

Cantik cantik buildingnya...macam hong konh

Liz Duan said...

awat aku pergi tak jumpe semua ni...awesome lah kau punya photography skill...boleh invest camera mahal

Ejin said...

liz, ngko jelajah shopping malls ...so tak jumpa tempat2 nie hehehehe ...aku tak sempat gi malls sebab masa singkat sangat and my schedule was very packed :-)

Ejin said...

camera mahal? aku malas nak carry camera bagak ...i prefer camera yang aku boleh simpan dalam handbag and carry ke mana2 ajer :-) ...unless korang nak bagi for my birthday present ...hehehehe