Sunday, March 25, 2012

Lots of bad people around ....

beware of scammers ...they come in all shapes and forms ...emails, text messages, letters, phone calls and so on ...and day after day, there were new reports about those who fall victims to these scams ...my dad was saying that, besides being unlucky, the victims are usually victimised because (i) they are too trusting and naive; (ii) greedy - coz they are thinking they are getting a fortune from a complete stranger!; (iii) are not aware of the scams despite repeated stories that make the headlines ...

I got an email a few months ago ...from someone who claimed to be a lawyer and that I was left a fortune by some rich old guy who had recently passed away ....here is the email:


crazy right? I mean who would be so willing to give you all that money if they do not know you ...and if someone believe that, you must be super duper greedy ...to accept something from stranger ...

another snapshop of how much money someone supposedly left for me :-)

 the second incident was a few days after I received the above email ...purportedly from a bank in Malaysia ...saying my account was blocked and they need me to supply fresh info to re-activate the account ...the thing is I have never ever have an account with that bank!!! This one, if i have the account, is a more believable scam that the first one  ...

I guess what I am saying is that there are a lot of crazy people out there...with bad intentions ...to rob us blindly ...guess we have to be very careful ...my dad always say, do not be greedy ..coz if it is not your money from your own hard work, the money probably does not exist ...never trust a stranger who offer you money and lots of fortune ..you might end up losing more money to them ...

1 comment:

Liz Duan said...

sungguh gila scammers ni...i receive thonnes of those bank lah apa lah...semak betul