Saturday, March 17, 2012

mastering the arts of procrastination

I just had a busy week ..so busy that I was the last person to leave our wing at the office in the last week and a half ...i had a lot of things to finish, and this was in addition to my teaching and preparing for class ..who would have thought that 7 simple forms could take nearly a month to complete ... As of today, i have manage to complete all 6 forms completely ..with spell check, and have been amended numerous times in this last 3 days ..they are now complete, just waiting for me to attach my passport-size photographs and to make 4 copies of each forms ...

I only had to revise, refine and re-write one more form ..i.e. The one dealing with the proposal ..that was where I got stuck ..it seems that, the more I read, the more confuse I become ...coz new issues emerge, new thinking and then new possibilities ... And that really frustrates me...and how do i deal with that? Well, i sort of procrastinate ..in fact, I mastered th arts of procrastination, to the point that i completely ignored the proposal part ...i came to my senses two days ago ..i realised that if my proposal is equivalent to a rubbish scrible and rambling of a mad woman, then my reputation would be affected ..and the whole sponsorship will be affected ..and my future, may to some extend, be compromised ...

So, with a clear head, i decided to seek help ...make an attempt to crack the bains of my friends and mentors ..they were really helpful, i think i know what i am suppose to do now ...i need a clear conceptual framework ..and i must stay on the path at all time, other issues may crop up but the path will remain ...hahaha in other words, don't change the goalpost!!!

one thing I will remember most about my conversation with Dr M is that he said, and i quote "being confused is good coz it means you are thinking ...you will be very confused for the first one and a half year of your study ...and if you are not confused, there must be something wrong somewhere ..and that is dangeous coz you may have missed some important aspects that you should be looking for..." ...and he just laughed at me coz i felt my jaw dropped when i heard that!

2 comments:

Liz Duan said...

haiyo...then i know why i am not a lecturer...i can do writing in blogs but like those you are doing...habis gone case aku!

Tapi kalau Mr genius...dia mesti boleh ha..ha..ha..

Ejin said...

Wahhhh Mr Pitt dapat gelaran baru a.k.a Mr Genius ...hehehe i loike!!!!