Thursday, September 10, 2009

Bantal Busuk ....

Hahahaha i was laughing while typing this entry...i guess everyone can understand the significance of a bantal busuk (direct translation: smelly pillow) especially those who have kids ...and perhaps there are those who actually remembered their own bantal busuk with the fondest of memory! hehehehe I, for one, is not one of them. According to my mum, I am the only one of my siblings who did not have a bantal busuk ...how good was that!!!!????

Anyway, both my nephews have their own special pillows that they carry wherever they go ...coz without it they will cry or wouldn't be able to sleep ...the funny thing is that my eldest nephew had more than one bantal bucuk!!! And he is so not picky (or rather in desperate situation) that he is willing to take adik's bantal bucuk if he couldn't find his own! Much to my chargin!!!

This is Aai (the youngest one) whe he was one month old ...the pillow is still new!

Al with one of his "newer" pillow - my mum made a new cover for one of the really stinky pillow last month!

See - he takes it everywhere....this was last Dec when Al & Jane checked in at the airport

And coz Al is sleeping with me, we would have this ritual of looking for his pillow before going upstairs to bed ...we always have to look for his pillow coz it can be anywhere ...coz he drops it anywhere and everywhere!!!

The downside of having this habit i.e. having a bantal busuk is that they, the kids, are so dependent on it ..and the parents or guardian will be having nightmarish time if the pillow is missing or misplaced!

4 comments:

Liz Duan said...

luas betul dahi budak Al ni...

fendifid said...

good your mom jahit cover baru...some people I saw carry bantal busuk yang hitam berkarat. campak kat laut...dugong pun timbul ambik nafas

Ejin said...

mmg le ...nasib baik diorang nie ok kalau bantal tu dicuci ....once in a while mak aku akan cuci bantal by throwing it into the washing machine!

Liz: al tu mmg dahi luas - but since takde rambut, lagi le luas padang golf dia tu!

Haslina Hashim said...

Moi... the good thing about bantal busuk is that you can never ever misplace it because of the size (from my experience lar...). Remember the time when u "lost" Ai's pacifier (that almost triggered the 3rd World War at your place)? That was hilarious! Btw, the bantal busuk that I got for Iris came with two mini bolster and since I can't find another exact one for her, I am contemplating to modify the bolster into a pillow. You think it will work?
p/s: I sanggup fly back to Miri on the same day kalau bantal busuk dia tertinggal @ my mom's place!