Thursday, September 3, 2009

My Scottish-mum

A very close friend of mine called me all the way from Newcastle last weekend. We are so closed when I was in Newcastle that she considered herself as my other-mum ...or my Scottish mum. Her eldest daughter is of the same age as me by the way.

Looking back, Morag has always been there for me, when I came to think of it...when I was down, feeling blue and depressed, she would came over to my flat, and took me sightseeing or just went for a quiet walk ..or shopping ..or just took me back home with her. She would pampered me like I was her own daughter ...when I am down with flu or cold, she would drop by after work carrying bags of groceries for me! I remembered her specialities - canned vegetable soup & wholemeal bun from M&S, with my fav white choc cookies and yogurt! All bought of course, coz she is a typical career womon who believes chicken should come from a packet in the supermarket, already cleaned and cut to perfection!

i even had my own room in her house! Her childrens are really great too - took me in as part of their family!

I miss her, her wit, her accent, her nagging (that goes without saying as she can be as bad as my own mother when it comes to nagging!), her pampering, and of course her company. I hope one of these days I can visit her again ...in the meantime, we are only communicating through emails, letters and, rarely, by phones.

3 comments:

Liz Duan said...

dia nak anak nagkat lagi sorang tak? nak duduk free kat new castle

fendifid said...

cis...kak long ni ambik script aku.

Ejin said...

hahaha korang ngada! ehh biler kiter nak try AirAsia to London weiiii????