Thursday, August 14, 2008

Samarinda - the photos (finally!)







One the the shopping malls in Samarinda, located at the "better" part of the town. Sadly, I only went here on my last day there!




Street cleaners working at 3.00am at Soekarno Hatta Airport (Domestic Terminal) - never seen anything like this anywhere else!















I found out that Samarinda (or KalTim to be exact) is very much influenced by Dayak design/motifs - very much similar to the Iban of Borneo...cross-border communities and inter-ethnic relations sprung to my mind!





The view from my hotel room!











Nasi ayam penyek ... at Samarinda Central Mall















On the way home - at Bandara Sepinggan, Balikpapan

3 comments:

Liz Duan said...

I think Samarinda is ok decent lah...I wonder why do we have slot Samarinda in TV3...what does it really mean?? Ayam penyek is quite famous in indon , right? but i have never tasted it...did you really check if the leg was really chicken??/just kidding...bismillah je lah kata Fend...

Ejin said...

aaaaahhhh jahat! ayam tu memang rasa ayam lah liz.... and its tasted really nice and ayam-y!

fendifid said...

from the photo looks like cats or something. ayam penyek boring...actualy ayam goreng with plain rice and some ulam ulam.