Thursday, August 28, 2008

Sleepless nights: Dejavu all over again...

Life is funny, life is unpredictable, and life is not fair...the most common things people say about life. One of my ex-lecturer, whom I admired very much, always say "Who says life is fair?" when we complained about our assignment loads ..emm being a planning student is synonym with overworked with assignments, burning midnight oils, not enough sleep - just to name a few! I remembered those days very well - we were in our studio from 8 am till 8.00 am the following morning - just to finish whatever projects we were doing at that time. But, don't get me wrong - it was kind of fun as well coz were we surrounded by friends who were also in the same boat! I really hate my drawing board, my Rotring set, my T-square when I was so overwhelmed and stressed- which was more often than not...but at the end of the day, we graduated (June 1996)...yipeee...


and i looked back at all those experiences and stress and pressures to succeed with a bit of nostalgia and fondness. It has made me strong...and now I kind of doing the same thing again, staying up late - to prepare for lectures, to mark assignments and exam scripts. I was frequently reminded how hard life is for a student - struggling to pass an exam, doing assignment last minutes (am guilty of this so many times over the years!), having a blank moment during exams...and i am thankful that during my college days, I did ok and also had the time to enjoy myself! That, I think is the most precious experience one can have...

3 comments:

fendifid said...

I reckon, Lisdu will definitely not agree with you. As students esp in London there are more happening things to do rather than locked yourself in what you called studio. Tak caya? ask AFI. He he he.

Liz Duan said...

kurang asam betui!

Ejin said...

hehehehe ...