Friday, February 13, 2009

Hit and run (and I'm the culprit!)

I feel so bad today ... i just can't shake the feeling coz I know I am guilty... i didn't mean for it to happen, but, unfortunately, it did ... i'm sorry cat ...

I finished work a bit later than usual. I left the office at half past six, and it was starting to get dark. My usual route was a bit congested coz of the school children going home at the same time - so i was already frustrated having to drive at 20km/hour ... so, when all the lanes are cleared, I was able to drive a bit faster till i managed to overtake all the cars, motocycles and lorries ..(i am not exaggerating here - there are lots of lorries ladden with soil, construction materials, and sands - using this particular stretch of road!)..any how, when i was near SK Muara Tuang, a cat suddenly ran in front of my car ...i couldn't avoid it coz i was driving a bit fast, couldn't brake on time...and the sound of the tyres "crushing" (well i am assuming the poor thing is crushed!) the cat is horrible...i can still hear it...and when i looked back at my rearview mirror, i could see that the cat managed to get up and move to the next lane (and i was thanking God for small mercies), before it felt and stop moving ...i am assuming it is dead ...

i didn't mean for it to happen...i don't like cat, but i did not intentionally kill one...i'm sorry cat (whatever your name was), may you rest in peace (please don't haunt me in my dream!) ... i hope whoever owned you managed to find you and gave you a proper burial ...

i really wish the tales about cats having 9 lives is true ...and i hope that the cat is actually ok ...and that it wasn't moving because it is trying to get back its breath ...who knows, after i drove off, feeling guilty and all traumatized by the events, someone actually passed along and help the poor thing ...yea, wishful thinking, i know...but wouldn't it be a nice ending compared to what really happenned????

7 comments:

fendifid said...

Oh no! Your night sleep will be accompanied by eerie dreams with full of melancholy drama.

Ejin said...

Don't you start! lagipun today is friday 13th ...spooky!

fendifid said...

Sis,

Make sure when you come down to KL next week you’ll leave your sinister and creepy aura behind. In your chilling dreams…don’t forget to ask for 4 digits number. He he he.

Liz Duan said...

a chinese friend told me if you see a car hit a cat, you should buy the car number..nombor ekor lah ni....haram ok!

Ejin said...

hehehehe my dad bought the number tapi Yang Ado!

fendifid said...

Hi Ejin! Tis is Fid.. just nak smpikan msg frm someone..."the CAT kim slam"!! ha ha ha!!!!

Ejin said...

Amboi Fid, you pun dapat berkomunikasi dengan the devil's cat tu ke???? hehehehe