Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine??? What Valentine???

Tomorrow is 14th February ...a.k.a Valentine's Day...yeah, yeah, the day to express your undying love, to send love gestures to your ones, to share romantic moments, to declare your love to your secret crushes ... so, this is the time of the year where florists are making big bucks out of the hopeless romantics, and restaurants offering candlelit dinners would be booked solid ...people would be so willing to splurge on really cute stuffs - teddy bears, roses, candies and bunch of other stuffs ...even those stingy people! That is phenomenal...

But the way i see it - do you only express your undying love only on that one day of the year - and completely neglect your loved ones for the rest of the 355 days in a year??? is it enough??? Just one grand gesture (be it 100 blooming, fresh, red roses or candlelit dinner in an expensive restaurant) to say you love someone - but only on that particular day??? And you can cheat, you can lie, you can neglect them on any other day of the year??? I may be biased but i would prefer the love of my life to love me every day of the year, in the good times as well as the bad, sharing everything - the ups and the downs ...don't you?

Well, I used to think like that Valentine is romantic - until i found out that the one person whom I trusted with my life betrayed my trust, my heart, my love - on Valentine Day! So, does the roses, the dinner, the holiday and the gifts given to say he love me are enough to make me forgive him for the betrayal? does it give him the license to cheat??? NO SIREEEEEE ...

Now, I am remembering Valentine Day - and using it as a day to appreciate myself, to pamper myself ... furthermore there is a saying which says that before you love anyone else, you should love yourself ...makes sense really ...and now, every Valentine - i would buy something for myself...Valentine 2006, I bought myself a car - which gives me freedom and and symbolises independence and empowerment; Valentine 2007 - I made up my mind to buy a house - which i did 3 months later - further strengthen my independence, Valentine 2008 - i went for holiday with my family and tomorrow - I am going to buy myself a laptop ... and i can spent time blogging and catching up with my family and closest friends online - that is my version of expressing love and appreciation to my family and my friends ...356 days a year, and not just on 14th February ....

6 comments:

fendifid said...

Use VD as a reason to pamper yourself? Again? Ha ha ha...nko ngada...alasan diraja. What about Birthday? HariRaya? New Year? Semua dates tu pun nko use as excuse to pamper jugakkan. PLH (pinjam untuk eat) ajer. he he he

Liz Duan said...

best nya ade laptop baru, akak dok rase tergedik gedik nak tukar handphone...dlm pada nak save after shopping spree in bandung...cam no tu?

Ejin said...

alah...fend, komen tak kasi can! hehehe yeah, if you put it that way memang le...but on my birthday, the treat tak semahal my treat masa VD ...

liz, apa kata korang beli camera dulu...boleh posing selalu!

fendifid said...

kak long sibuk simpan duit nak shopping kat bandung lagi...harap harap jeans yang abang long beli nanti muat aku nak pakai. Tak sabar ni.

Ejin said...

tengok2 abang long pun bawak balik jeans bintil2 hehehehe sebab aritu dia tak beli sebab tak jumpa!

Liz Duan said...

no he will never go for bintil bintil ...no worries....