Tuesday, February 10, 2009

my 'lost weekend"

I am back! I wasn't well for the last couple of days...but am on the mend now. Not fully recovered but very much better than I was before. My GOD! I hate being sick ...well, i don't know anyone who like being sick :-)) hehehe ...anyway, i was so sick that I couldn't get up... my head is spinning and my asthmatic conditions certainly doesn't help the situation. So all I did was sleep, sleep and sleep ... and lost a few days because of it. I had no recollection of what I did over the weekend in my medicated state!


I was given 5 different types of medication - and i dont like taking medicines...Dr Hajijah gave me Salcodyl (???) - it's a mixture of cough syrup and ventolin (asthma medicine) ... and, wait for it, I had to take 3 TABLESPOONS 3 TIMES a day ....i hate medicines, and i really hate liquid medicine!!!! Plus antibiotics, ventolin tablet (in case I had asthma symptoms but didn't have any cough problems), flu meds, and one thing that I cannot identified... imagine how much chemical was being pumped into my veins over the last few days! and i am yet to recover fully from this flu/asthmatic conditions...


It all started when I went to a field trip to Sri Aman, Betong, Kabong, Saratok, Pusa, Beladin and Meludam ... a 2-day trip to collect data for our research. But our timing couldn't be worse - we chose to do it during a really wet and pouring week! But then again, that was the only time we were free to do this trip...it rained from the moment i set out from my house on thursday morning and didn't stop (am ignoring the few minutes of sunshine here and there) till i reached home at 10pm on friday night...the trip was quite successful ...and it also has an add-on value .... a few of us coming back with a cold/flu!!!

2 comments:

Liz Duan said...

dalam pada tu sempat suruh org tangkap gambor kau posing ye..

Ejin said...

blog punya pasal ....kang blog sunyi sepi plak sebab takde citer masa demam ...