Thursday, February 26, 2009

combining work with pleasure ....

I was in KL last week - only for 3 nights though. It was a bit hectic coz I was trying to combine both work and pleasure - hehehe. ...

My main reason for being there was to enable us (me, my friend Lina and our boss) to get information for our research and the ever looming final report. The three of us (better known as the donkey master and his two donkeys in certain circle) spent the whole day in the Dewan Penyelidikan at the National Archive, browsing through old (and I do mean OLD) documents - some were dated back to the early 1700s and 1800s ...It was funny coz the three of us never ventured into this "territory" and were clueless as to the location as well as the materials the we need.....Thank God, we have a really efficient Research Assistant ...Wan was the epitome of efficiency...he guided us through the registration process, finding materials, using the search system and so on ....i think we would be very lost is he wasn't there! We ended up spending hours there (instead of the "just 2-3 hours" as originally planned)....but by the end of the day, I have come to appreciate the materials that the Archive have, as well as appreciating the lengths and the painstaking efforts that Wan did in order to get what I want :-))

Anyhoo, despite my tight schedule, I managed to fit in a few shopping trips (Mid Valley, Sogo, Jusco Wangsa Maju, Book Excess-Armcorp Mall), meeting up with Fendi, Fid and Misha (sorry guys - the timing was so bad and being "lost" doesn't help!), meeting my uncle, going out with Lina, Wan and my sister for dinner at Satay Kajang Haji Samuri (Taman Melati's outlet) - though we have to forgo the midnite movie coz a certain someone was so sleepy, dinner with my family at Seoul Garden Restaurant and brunch at Anandur (Setapak). That is an accomplishment indeed considering I have to attend meetings as well ....

The fun doesn't stopped there. I arrived in Kuching around 7pm ...and lo and behold, the padlock to my front gate had malfunctioned. Despite dad's effort to prise it open (you name the tool, he tried then all - knives, hammer, metal cutter, extra keys, master keys, brick), it remained stubborn! I ended up having to pass my heavy luggage to my dad, took off my Donnatello shoes (hey, I am willing to go barefooted than having those shoes ruined!), hitched my pants and climbed, yes CLIMBED, over the gate. And when I was halfway over, I heard my neighbour, Cikgu Haikal shouted to my dad to ask what's going on. Am sure he must have thought I was a burglar or something - or worse, maybe I was running away from home and my parents decided to lock the gate and throw awat the key so that i couldn't go ...hehehe what an active imagination! Fun ending to my 3 days trip of business and pleasure combo...

P/S I had thrown the useless padlock into the bin that very night, and the Trienikens people had come to collect it the very next day!

2 comments:

fendifid said...

fenin fenin..macam macam hal. Tak kisah lah...janji sambil menyelam dapat minum air.

Ejin said...

Yup, at least boleh jumpa walaupun sekejap...and the sambal was delicious! I akan order lagi when i come to KL :-))