Tuesday, August 7, 2012

awaiting decisions - and it is killing me!

I have been having these flashbacks the lats few weeks ...flashbacks to my university days ...i was triggered by my applications to do PhD ..well, the uncertainties surrounding the applications and its lengthy process and all that ...i am still not sure where I will be by Jan next year ...this is hard coz I cannot plan any holiday, plan my work schedule etc etc ...life is still hanging on the air ...awaiting decisions from above ...


the Monument - my fav meeting place with friends!

i am telling myself over and over again that I can do it ..i have survived before and am sure, Gods willing, will survive again ..it is a matter of will ..so, bring it on ...Penang or Wellington, both places have their own pros and cons ..and I am sure both will be great for me ...but nothing can take Newcastle from my heart  ..it is like a second home to me ...a place where i grew up so to speak ...spent all my 20s there and part of my 30s ....it has a very special place in my heart, always has and always will be ...

if I go to Wellington, it would be a whole new experience ...am so used to winder in dec but down south the winter is in June! and I have never been to that part of the  world - and spending 4 years there would be great ...on the other hand, Penang is a great place to live and study ....the food is awesome and the beach is aplenty ..and the deciding factor is that it is less than 2 hours flight to Kuching ...and direct flights are available daily ...so, come on .....give me a decision so that I can move on with this!!!!

2 comments:

Liz Duan said...

i hope this thing will settle very soon...

Ejin said...

you and me both! lagi cepat setel, lagi cepat I can move on with whatever that needs to be done