Thursday, August 9, 2012

like a brother ...


The two best friends since childhood ..they are actually cousin, my dad's mom and my uncle's dad are sibling ...they grew up together and their relationship is actually more like brothers ..they are closer to each other than to their own brothers ...both have said the same thing over the years ...

I grew up being close to my Uncle K (as we called him) and his family ..we visited each other often ...have dinner together, family trips and what nots ...when they are living far away from us (on a few occasions that he was transferred to other parts of Sarawak), we always met up especially during holidays ...and that tradition continues till this very day ....we visited each other when we have the chance - and not just during festivals ...

taken last June, during our Gawai visit to Uncle K's house ...and their favourite drinks!

and both of them are happy that their kids (me and my siblings and our cousins) get along well with each other ...as my aunty always said, we dont ask for your money, we just want you guys to visit us ..after all, we are family :-)

christmas 2007 ...during one of our visits :-)

My cousin who stands next to me in the picture is actually the same age as me ..we went to school together ... my aunty always scolded us back then, coz we were often late when it comes to getting ready for school ..we were attending afternoon classes back then ...and to make matters worse is when it was my Uncle K's turn to send us to school ...the reason: he drive REALLY REALLY slow ...and if it is his turn we were always late!!! and that habit of his still persist to this day ...he still drive very slow ... it has become a private joke in the family :-)


Now that both my uncle and my dad are retired, they dont live in the same vicinity anymore...my uncle live in the village after his retirement, but often live a nomadic life - visiting his children in Sri Aman, Kapit and Miri ...whilst my dad lives with us in Kuching and going back to the villages frequently ...so now, their meeting place is the coffeeshop at the village! Can't wait to catch up with him and his family this coming Raya holidays ....

2 comments:

Liz Duan said...

Beth besar lagi masa ni :)

Ejin said...

yup...way back in 2007 masa dia jauh lebih gemuk dari aku ngan Dom huhuhu