Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Read for me please Aki ....

that is one of the frequently uttered requests from Al to my dad ...he wants my dad to read for him ...his fav is his Thomas and Friends Series - the part where Percy got stuck in the flood ....

taken from my mobile - hence the blurry image :-)

Al and adik love to browse through books ...looking at the pictures and bright colours ...and since going to Kindy, Al started to learn how to read ... he would ask one of us - nenek, mama, mummy and daddy - to read but his favourite reader is Aki hahahaha ...even to a point that he would wake my dad up from his nap just to read for him! And he would make sure that aki's reading glasses is nearby so that aki doesn't have an excuse of saying that he can't read coz he can't see the small prints :-)

One thing I notice is that Al is starting to memorise the stories that he and aki read ..he learns to read and spell the words ..and when he is alone he will try to read on him own! It was so sweet ....my boy is growing up .... and he is going through his books one by one ...adik and al had an extensive collections of books - especially the Thomas and Friends series. I always get them books as presents for nearly every occassion ...hehehe talk about efforts to encourage them to read!

Note to self: need to go to Popular Bookstore to get them more books ...and might bring Al with me so that he can choose his own book ...

2 comments:

Liz Duan said...

Adib suka jugak membaca...buku dia Lawak KAmpus...geram aku tapi aku jugak yg beli nya

Ejin said...

beli ajer ...at least dia membaca :-)