Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Gardening with Alistair

Last weekend, I was feeling energetic ...decided to replant and re-pot some of my shrubs. So, I went to the nursery along 4th Miles ...my mum bought some shrubs and orchid seedlings for the cottage while I bought some top soil, planters and pottery ....

Al was excited to help me with the planting ...told him to wear the surgical gloves so that he can keep his hand clean ....he enjoyed playing with the gardening mini tools - he scooped top soil and fill the planters ..he helped me to pull the weeds and so on .....and he was tired ...that night he slept early and very soundly!

we pulled the weeds and cleaned the flower pots ...

this was my dad's bonsai pottery ..hence the chinese characters ...but bonsai was gone (hahaha - long story) so, instead of leaving it empty, I decided to use it to replant these pokok lidah jin (a.k.a sansevieria) here ..am planning to use it to create a garden in front of the house once it has grown beautifully :-) fingers crossed

another pot of lidah jin ...this one is to be placed near the front door ...I used to have a huge pot of lidah jin for the entrance but it died coz it dont not have any more space in the pot to grow! So, am replanting a new one for that space!

the day after the planting, I put the planters outside our gate ....Al is so proud of his work that he will stop to water the plant before he goes to school!


I like involving him in gardening ...at least it helps to make sure that he is not "scared" of being dirty lol and an excuse for me to get a "helper"

2 comments:

Liz Duan said...

pokok semua kurus aje...tuan aje yg terlebih baja

Ejin said...

hahahha ...tuan nya dah digelar "barbarian" ...nak buat camne