Thursday, March 18, 2010

Conference in Penang - the sessions

Yes, the main reason that I am in Penang right this moment is because of a conference. It is a 3-day event, officially commencing yesterday at the Conference Halls in USM ...these are some of the photos during the official opening ceremony yesterday ....




and my paper was presented straight after the opening ceremony ....no pictures I'm afraid coz I was sitting up front and I forgot to ask someone to take my photo ...the presentation was a success, I think...i got lots of feedbacks which I found very illuminating and definitely will be used to improve my paper ...

Unfortunately, I was unwell yesterday ..so, after the presentation and meeting a few people - that's the whole point of a conference - sharing ideas and networking - I went back to the hotel. My head was throbbing and I think it was due to the late night (preparing for presentation slides), no breakfast (the queue for taxi was rather long so I choose to queue instead of having breakfast) and the very hot & humid weather in penang ...all these were making me quite ill yesterday ...spent the rest of the afternoon in bed ....

But today is a new day ..i made sure I had enough sleep the night before and having breakfast at the hotel before I went to USM ....and I fared much better than yesterday ...although the heat and humidity is still the same! Heard and attended some insprising lectures and keynote addresses today ....and one of them is from Prof Banton - he is in his late 70s by the way but still very agile and sharp! I hope to be like that when I am older ...growing old gracefully and all that ....and some photos of today's session ...



So, tomorrow is the last day of the Conference ...and after that I'll be meeting my sister ...and having a day off on Friday to enjoy Penang ...we are planning to visit the reclining Buddha, the Kek Lok Si Temple and, of course, savouring other mouthwatering foods of Penang! Looking forward to that :-)

5 comments:

fendifid said...

cite conf 30%...cite ronggeng 70%.
ha ha ha

bemenwong said...

Remember to go for Simon Seafood, haha

Ejin said...

hahahaha Fend, sambil menyelam minum air maaa ...la nie baru balik makan pasembur kat Gurney Drive!

Bemen: mmg plan nak pergi your dad's place kalau sempat ...

Liz Duan said...

bemen from penang??

gembire nyer ejin....mentekedarah jer

Ejin said...

Liz: Bemen mmg orang Penang ...

Sadly aku tak sempat nak pi dinner @ Simon Seafood sebab aku pi Batu Feringgi utk berjumpa ngan Fendu & rombongan ....