Thursday, March 25, 2010

Protecting the environment - Penang's way

I had a big shock on my first night in Penang last week. I went to Queenbay Mall for dinner, and then to the hypermarket to get some fresh fruits and drinks ...my stock of foods while staying 4 nights at a nearby hotel hehehe ..anyway, when i paid for the stuffs at the counter, I was told that it is their "no plastic day" ..meaning, no plastic bags being given to carry my things ..luckily I had a bag with me, so i stuff most of the things inside it - my 6-pack of Milo, 3 cans of Nescafe Mocha ...but my Innershine pack and my bunch of grapes cannot fit it! I had to carry them just like that ....


It was then I saw the signs saying that it is a "no plastic day" every monday, tues and weds there ...i think it is great! I mean it may have inconvenienced unwary tourists like myself, but in the long run, it would help to protect our environment ...less plastic bag to throw away ...less pollution and so on ...



What more can I say? WAY TO GO PENANG!!!!!

2 comments:

Liz Duan said...

sokong sokong...

fendifid said...

no plastic...bagi la paper bag.