Thursday, April 8, 2010

a tough little birdie

Last Saturday, I was online ...reading some articles for my paper ..when I heard a big thud ...at first, I thought one of my nephews must have fallen down ..but dad said the sound came from outside ..all of us, including the little ones, went to the front door to investigate ...and, to our surprise, this is what we saw ...



close-up shot (my battery for the camera was still being charged at the time - so this was taken using my mobile camera)


There was a bird - nice green colour - laying on the cement floor of the car porch ..and some pools of blood ...we assumed that it flew straight to our window and fell ..hence, the loud thud that I heard before ..I wanted to go out to take a clearer shot at the poor little birdie but dad said that I should leave it as it is ...he said it will be ok in a few minutes ...which I (and my mum) seriously doubted! But he's the boss ...so we leave the birdie as it is ....about 45 mins later, this is what I saw ...


Lo and behold, the birdie was sitting up!!! But still unable to move much ...I looked at it again from time to time and it continued to improve ...and it flew out of on its own about 4 hours after it fell down ..such a miracle, considering how bad it looked at first! Such a tough little birdie ....




5 comments:

fendifid said...

Fuhhh...hebat burung tu

Ejin said...

memang! Aku ingat dah nak mati...but my dad is convinced burung tu pitam and in shock ...tu yang kitorang dok monitor ajer burung tu camne

Liz Duan said...

fendi your komen is too nicey lah... i was expecting sth like-- why little birdie???? tough is good though!....sorry mintak ampun ...aku belah dulu GGG

fendifid said...

I'm deaf and blind - LOL

Ejin said...

GGG - giler komen kak long ....