Thursday, May 13, 2010

Al's tornado mood ...

Al is, without a doubt, a very pampered little boy ...he is the eldest grandchild ...my eldest nephew and always treated with love and, dare it say it - overindulgence ...from all of us ...he will be 3 this July ...and nowadays, he is really showing his "strong-will" - but in a rather negative way ...what I mean is that he is always throwing a tantrum when his demands are not met! We (my parents and I) tried to reason with him - and I, myself, are quite worried that this will become his habit ...

he will cry if we do not follow what he says (it is normal, right?) but he will throw things when we say "NO" to his demands ...and the later is getting more frequent now ...anyone has any ideas on how to I deal with this? At the moment, we just ignore him when he is in one of those "tornado" moods ..and to let him cool down on his own ....


Al - crying one morning when I refused to let him go upstairs to watch the DVD (nobody to supervise him upstairs as i was going out to work)


 another sequence shot of him


I know - it is tough being a parent ..or being an appointed surrogate parent like myself - I am not sure what went wrong, and how do I deal with it ...I really really hope that he will be able to reduce his temper tantrums ...but then again, I know, he probably inherits it from any one of us :-)


Al - throwing away the cushions - I cannot remembered what the tantrum was about


3 comments:

fendifid said...

Kid memang camtu la sikit sikit nangis...tapi tak leh ikut sangat nanti jadi habit. Sekali sekala kena buat donno je.

Liz Duan said...

betul...kalau salah or cannot do kena firmly cakap tak leh...kalau tak dia tahu the trick..show some tantrum and get his way

Ejin said...

tu yang aku risau ..takut jadi habit ..selalu nyer we ignore him (but within reason le) ...benda2 yang mmg strictly NO, mmg tak akan dilayan permintaannya ..

susah nyer jadi parents!