Saturday, May 23, 2009

Field Trip: Kampung Merian Bedup

I finally remembered to download photos of the trip to Bedup from Haslina. I left my camera in KL at the time and has to rely on my mobile phone. I know this event was done earlier this month, but i was so busy and couldn't update the blog, plus i didn't have the photos :-))


Anyway, the trip was part of the SIA course that we attended. It was the "hands-on" practical part (or latih amal) of the course where we were supposed to apply our interview and observation techniques. The trip was a roaring success - I have never been to this part of Serian before...the people are very welcoming and super-friendly. Very humble and helpful...this is evident by the way they welcomed us, and how they treated us...some of them even gave gifts to some of us ...showed us around the are and so on....


But the highlight for me was the "socialization" ...hehehehe we were treated to impromptu singing and dancing session - poco poco dance to be exact! I have never join in this poco-poco dance before, but because the locals were so keen and eager to invite us to join in, i decided to give it a try...it was fun! From just one try ..i ended up dancing 3 rounds of poco poco ...hehehehe not an expert, but boleh lah ...


Here's are some of the pictures - courtesy of Haslina and Don (check out Don's blog at http://munua-munua.blogspot.com/ coz he did a posting on this trip as well).




Verdict: It was a fun course - I never expect that i would enjoy the corse but I did! And i get the chance to see my former lecturer (my NCUK's lecturer) danced as well - priceless!

No comments: