Sunday, May 31, 2009

Gawai Preparation Part 2 : Steamed Chocolate Cake

I was on leave since Wednesday 27th - the plan was to relax and spent time with my nephews ...but as always, things doesn't go according to plan in our house. Spent most of my leave running errands for various people - going to the bank to open an account for Airell, then shopping for both of them, then shopping for cakes stuff and other gawai thingy....then travelling to Betong to send them back to their other grandmother ...all in all a hectic few days!

But before going to Betong, my sister-in-law and I tried a chocolate cake recipe - given to me by a friend of mine. I had that recipe for ages actually but haven't had the urge to try it. Found that it is so easy to bake and very delicious as well - we ended up baking another one - so that my sister-in-law can bring one back to her family in Betong. Yummy!!


Simple recipe:


(1) mix 250 gramme butter, 1 cup cocoa powder, 1 cup castor sugar, 1 cup evaporated milk, 1 tablespoon nescafe, and half a cup of concentrated milk - in a pan over a low heat - till all is melted. Leave to cool.



(2) Beat 3 eggs with a teaspoon of vanilla essence - then add the chocolate mixture.


(3) Then add: 1 and 1/4 cup of flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda.

Mix well, and steam in a greased pan for an hour.....or so....walla it's done!



Al was the first person to eat the cake!

2 comments:

fendifid said...

emmmm...looks delicious

Ejin said...

mmg delicious pun! and senang sangat nak buat ...first time try this recipe ...