Sunday, May 17, 2009

Gearbox oil???? Never heard of it ....

Earlier this week, my dad noticed that there was some oil leaking from my car ...i never noticed it coz i just reversed my car in the morning, and then drove straight into the same spot when i got back from work - so, that should explain my ignorance on that leaking oil issue.


Dad thought the leaking was somewhat related to the recent m-oil change done to my car about a week ago. But he was wrong. The mechanics said it was not the m-oil that was leaking but actually my gearbox oil....when they said that, the first question in my mind was "what the heck is that???" coz i only know a car only has petrol/diesel and the m-oil...


To cut the story short, the guys fixed the problem ...but it's just a temporary measure. They glued back the thingy that was leaking and i was told to check, every now and the, to see if it is still leaking or whether it is getting worse ...they actually went into a very detailed explanation but my mind was switching off the moment i heard that they are only charging me RM10 today ...coz i have RM300 ready in my purse! hehehehe that's a saving of RM290 ....


My dad inspected the leaking himself hehehehe ...coz he really thought it was the m-oil!



Satisfied with the explanation, my dad took his seat hehehehe



and me getting bored waiting ...


and i left my dad with the guy who was explaning about the leaky oil....


5 comments:

munua said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
munua said...

nasib baik u realised it earlier. there's indeed so many different types of car oils...if you drive auto, you'll have the ATF oil that needs to be changed every 40,000 km or 2 years! and there's the power steering oil etc....memang pening!

Ejin said...

Hi Don, thanks for dropping by. Yea ...i just realised how complex and perplexing all these things are. I rely too much on my dad and my cousin when it comes to my car. I actually baru pandai nak buka bonet last easter - and i got the car sonce 2006!

Liz Duan said...

your dad sampai masuk bawah tu...cool tuh!

Ejin said...

hahahah sebab kalau aku antar keta tu sorang2, apa org tu cakap sure aku percaya lah ...sebab tu kena bawak my dad kalau nak baiki keta ...