Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Former students - Lompat Tikam Party!

Today I found my former students' blog, with my pictures in it! ....I remember these students very well coz they were the very first group of students whom I taught here back in 2007 (i think). All of them have graduated ...but what i remembered most is the fact that they (Azura, Juria and Haslina Hamad - not moi Lina!) are willing to cook lompat tikam especially on my request before they graduated. If i am not mistaken, it was sometimes last year - round may/june time I think....


So we had a fun afternoon cooking, and "partying" at Moi's place. There was a funny story behind it all: On the day of the cook-out, Lina sms me the ingredients (she got the sms from one of our cook): colour hijau & merah, santan ori, tepung beras pulut, beras pulut, kapur makan, gula melaka ….I have to admit, i am really hopeless in identifying these ingredients. I actually went to BDC - both Everise and H&L Supermarket - looking for gula melaka. The gula melaka that I know is the one yang berketul2 macam yang dijual di semenanjung. I couldn’t find any! I ended up texting Lina to say i got all the ingredients except kapur makan and gula melaka. She then replied saying she’ll take care of it. I was dead impressed. Later that afternoon, I found out that gula melaka and gula apong is the same thing! No wonder Lina said she can get the item in Muara Tuang!

Back to lompat tikam, those girls really impressed me with their tenacity and skills. Thank you girls, for the lompat tikam…so impressed! Oh ya, the ingredients mentioned above mengandungi kesilapan teknikal…it is supposed to be tepung beras …and NOT tepung beras pulut…and kapur tu, can be substituted with kapur for blackboard (NOT)!

Azura & Haslina really concentrated on task at hand!

And the verdict ....

Thank you girls for the lompat tikam ...since then, I haven't taste any more lompat tikam - i cannot find it here! I hope all ofyou are successful in your careers and I'll always remember you guys & girls - my very first batch of students ... Haslina Hamad, Afidah, Azura, Musa, Juria, Rofidah, Rosnidah, Cynthia, Mimi, Marcus and Anchih. Did i miss any names from the party???



And while browsing for pictures of the party - i also found this! Planning Dinner in 2007!

4 comments:

Liz Duan said...

wah you are one of those cool lectures...glad to find this out!he..he..he..ingat kan garang nak mati punya!

Ejin said...

kah kah kah ..ngan final year students ok ..ngan student baru2 tu yang aku punya reputation tegas ...kah kah kah ....ckp kat aimran..kat sini fun!

fendifid said...

aku pun terkezut..tak sangka nko kamcing dengan students. Ingatkan set set garang macam cikgu bedah dalam "Adik Manja"

Ejin said...

giler jahat ngko punya komen Fend ...ngko tak nampak ke adik ngko nie very the baik hehehe