Sunday, October 11, 2009

Bruce's visit to Kuching

Bruce, a friend of mine from Hong Kong, flew down for a flying visit this weekend. He brought along his wife, Meow, and after only a night in Kuching, they continued with their holiday – in Sabah. I haven’t seen Bruce for a very long time. The last time I saw him was in Dec 2004 … he did invite me to his wedding in HK and even offered to pay for my flight – it was one tempting offer that I had to decline. I was very busy at the time – with the Inhalant Study and the Border Study …as well as the peak of H1N1

We went for dinner at Buntal – at Teo’s Seafood Place. Naz drove us there ...it's roughly 25 mins from Kuching centre. It was a nice dinner with great company.. we had fried sea bass in thai sauce, cuttlefish with dried chillies (supposed to be hot, but it was not hot at all), curry ambal (bamboo clam), midin (Sarawak’s local fern) and buttered prawns ….

the Midin - sauteed with garlics

fried sea bass in Thai sauce - really yummy!

and the cuttlefish ...

And after we had our dinner, we had durians and rambutans for afters. Teo’s Seafood does not provide the durians. Naz bought them on the way over, and the owner let us consumed the durians on the premises…coz Bruce won’t be able to bring it back to the hotel … I think nearly every hotel in Malaysia has strict “NO DURIAN” policy …Naz don’t want Bruce to be kicked out of the hotel …hehehe

Anyway, I had a great time catching up with them. Bruce is still the same Bruce whom I know a long time ago in Newcastle….and his wife is charming. They made a lovely couple! Hope to see them again soon – either in Malaysia or in HK.

2 comments:

fendifid said...

Cayokkk...makanan sume mantap mantap...When will I get a chance to eat Midin Again????

Ejin said...

sedapppp! Nak midin, mai le Kuching lagi ...