Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Al's first week at Kindy

yeayyy yeayyyy a week has passed and Al's first week in kindy went amazingly well, after a slight hiccup on 3rd Jan .....he loves going to school, wakes up earlier than anyone else ...and always always keen to go to school every morning .....my goodness, it was well beyond my expectation!

before school, he played with his Top Loader ...already eager to go to school in his brand new uniform

3rd January (Tuesday):
There was a slight hiccup ...a bit of confusion regarding start date, when Jane registered Al in Nov, she was told that the start date will be 3rd Jan ...and we forgot to re-confirm the date ..and with all the balik kampung trips (Kuching - Sri Aman - Kuching -Betong - Kuching), we did not call the teacher ...so, Al was ready to go to school on that day ...he was very excited and was just waiting for me and his daddy to send him to school ....suddenly Jane came rushing back saying that she dropped by the school on her way back and was informed the school will start the next day ....we do not want to spoil Al's fun as  he was really excited to go to his yellow-school as he puts it (the school is a bright yellow building with blue gate) ...so, we went .....and meet the teachers ...

 Al & Teacher Belinda - see how excited he was!

mummy at the background 

The teachers were nice enough, apologised for the confusions and asked us to let Al stay for a couple of hours, despite the fact that Al was the only pupil in that day ...they wanted Al to be familiar with the school and also not to disappoint Al ....at first I told the teacher that I would be coming back in 5 - 15 mins ...and the teachers said that is too short, end up letting Al stayed till 10 am (it was 8.00-ish when we were there) ....

he was crying when Jane and I left him ...poor baby ..I was so tempted to just run there and grab him and take him with me ...hahahahahaha but, I come to my senses .....it is just too much ..reminds me how I hated kindy ...my first week (or was it months) in kindy was really awful ..cried all the time hahaha ...


4th Jan (Wed)

 waiting for daddy



This is the first official day at school for Al .....Jane did not take any leave, so it was just me and my brother sending hi to school ...since it was his first day...and meeting new friends, I expected a bit of drama or tears from him ...so the plan was, if Al cried, I will be the one to stay behind with him etc etc ...but, much to our surprise, he went to the front door, said good morning to his teacher, and while taking off his shoes, a little boy (shorter than him) came over and that was that ....he completely ignored us - who were very anxious - and just waved his goodbyes ...he walked to the desk with this new friends and became completely engrossed ...wowwww, talk about feeling unwanted and useless ...hahahaha he did not even look at us that long hahahaha ...all in all, sending him to school that day was a very anti-climax ...expecting tears, tantrums and shouting and crying ...but none materialized ...what a sweet little boy ...so proud of him!


That was the longest 4 hours for us ....everyone cannot concentrate on what they were doing...keep glancing at the clock ...and my brother and my dad told me to go to pick him up at 11.30 ....since it was near (less than 10 mis drive) I had to circle the area a few times coz I was early ...do not want to be seen as an anxious aunty LOL ....he was shouting "mama ...mama ....mama" happily when he saw me approaching the school ...I asked the teacher about him, and was told that he was ok ...mixing well with other kids and did not cry at all ...whewwwww a great relief to all of us :-)


5th Jan (Thurs)
This was the morning when Al woke up so much earlier than any of us ...he woke up and told his daddy that he wanted to go to school ...then went to my room coz he said he wanted to brush his teeth and shower (Jane had already left for work by that time) ...i managed to persuade him to have an extra 10 mins lie - in ...by giving him my iPad so that he play his fav Crocodile game ....while I tried to get my bearing! See, how excited he is about this school thing!!!


Daddy sent him to school ...he would be dropped at school before daddy left for work ...it was a wet rainy day ...this was actually the day when it was flooding real bad in Kuching (we did not realise it at the time) ...I picked Al up, and noticed that the drain along the main road was overflowing ..and some parts of the road started to get flooded ...so after taking him home, that was that ...nobody leave the house anymore ...

Anyway back to Al's story - the teacher informed me that Al is such a good boy but the only problem was that he would be greatly distracted when he saw us picking him up ..he was excited to tell us his news that he no longer listen to his teacher ..or forgotten to pick up his bag! emmmm ...maybe time will change that ...

6th Jan
no picture today ....as i was rushing to go to work ....my brother sent Al to school (his duty from now on) and my dad and my sister picked him up from school .....this was worst than the day before ..Al had not seen my sister since last July ...and seeing her picking him up from school was so exciting that Al was shouting her name! hahahaha i bet the teachers are now saying that this little boy is so pampered that there are so many people involved in sending him to school and picking him up from school ...hehehehe


All in all, a great week ...it is a milestone for him ...he makes us so proud of him ..i hope he will continue to love going to school .....

3 comments:

Liz Duan said...

wah....cerah layout baru...nice..
I like that picture of Al with Aki behind smiling....lagi sekali tengok Al ni macam Atok dia kan? your dad?

It is nice to have aunt like you are....as i always said , he remembers!

Ejin said...

tu lah, semalam godek2 layout coz rasa cam it needs a make-over :-)

Al nie memang mcm Aki ...same perangai, and he is always being pampered by aki ...apa2 pun always seek approval or permission from aki :-)

Ejin said...

Nak buat camne, sendiri takde anak .... so, just treat them (both boys) like my own je lah ...