Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pampering oneself with foot spa

Been meaning to write up a posting on my foot spa experience but have forgotten as we (or rather me!) have been too busy with other things - namely meeting a new soon-to-be family member (posting will follow as soon as I can fit it in) ...

I was determined to have a manicure at the time coz my fingers were really ugly especially after sepnding a few days gardening ...the nails look dirty and yellowish ....it is not helped by the fact that I kept on eating rambutan (and peeling it using my hands instead of using a paring knife!) ...so, a trip to a nail bar was really necessary ...so, after sending our domestic helper home that Monday (2nd Jan), I went to search for a nail bar ....i did not know that everybody in Kuching was doing their nails that day!!! Well, it seemed like everyone is going to the nail bars as three nail salons that I went to was full ...not accepting walk-ins etc etc ....so, the search continues ..I went to BDC areas and found one nail bar that is opened and with no customers waiting ...unfortunately, the beautician was on her lunch ...i waited for 20 mins (the manager assured me that she will be back in 10 mins!) and then gave up ....i was already planning to go home, when I saw a signboard with promotional informations on massages, nail treatment etc etc ...decided to make a try for it ...lo and behold, they are free! nobody is waiting and there is a beautician available ....just my luck, so in I want ....

Decided to have a manicure and pedicure, and also to have a foot spa ..to treat my cracked heels ....i never have one before, so it was an experience! First of all, the beautician immersed my foot in a milky bath ....which feels nice as the water was warm and scented ....

step 1: milky white foot bath

Then my foot was washed and scrubbed .....and then rubbed in some sort of mask ....the cracked heels were padded with soothing lotion ..and wrapped with cling film ..i looked at my foot and it reminded me of a turkey wrapped in cling film in the fridge!

Step 2: cling film wrapped

after 45 minutes, she washed off the mask  ....followed up by foot massage ...it was nice ...(no picture for that step!) ...after that, she started on doing man manicure and pedicure ....my God ...my nails looked really awful in these pictures ....

the before pictures:


chipped nails ....after a few days of gardening and housework

ugly!!! ugly!!! ugly!!!





The after photos:

black cherry ...i think this was after the second coating

chose pink for my fingers ....a contrast from my toe nails :-)

so, what do you think? hehehehe ...the foot spa was on promotion that day ...I got it for RM150 a session, and also there was a offer of buy 2 get the third free ...so, i bought the second one as well for future use. Am planning to take my mum to try the foot spa with me :-)

a good start to 2012, me think ...hehehehe

4 comments:

Liz Duan said...

Ejin, black cherry tu scary lah...like the pink though! Pakai masa "tet" aje tau :)

Ejin said...

Aku suka black cherry tu ...tapi tak nak kat jari kang sebatu org nampak ...pinkish sesuai kat jari ...less kelihatan ....masa A Levels dulu, ingat tak Liz, our fav olour was bright red or scarlett lol ....now tak mau dah colour tu

Liz Duan said...

of course ingat...merah chilli...sakit mata org tengok...atk serik serik ha..ha...

Ejin said...

hahahaha sakit mata org tengok, tapi mata kiter tak sakit ....kiter suka LOL