Monday, January 9, 2012

First week in January

First week in January has come and gone ...felt like it was a very quick one ...started work on 3rd January ....i only went in the afternoon, as I was sending Al to his kindy in the morning ....Which I am going to detailed out in another posting ...but basically, I had to stay at home doing my unfinished markings ...yup, it is that time of the year again ....where we will be overwhelmed with markings of assignments, exam invigilations and marking of exam scripts .....

I have to say that i really did plan to do my marking during my break ...but it was not meant to be ...too many distractions ...our cottage was broken into by robbers who only took our gas cylinder and 4 brand-new pillows ...of all thing, these are the only items taken ....so, was distracted with cleaning up, going to find contractors to replace the door and commissioned grille for our doors ...trying to get contractors to do so during Christmas break is no fun ....but, thank God it is done now ....so, with all the palava, markings were put aside ...and now, am still trying to catch up with this unfinished business ...the whole of week one was spent doing just that ...and guess what, I have yet to finish ....

Exam invigilation is another bane of my life at the moment ....i had to do 4 slots of invigilation this year, in addition to my own paper this coming Saturday ...yes, Saturday is also an exam day ...none of us were spared ...nearly all of the faculty members have to go to work last Saturday ...my goodness, i was initially tasked to do a back to back invigilation, but i asked then to reschedule my slots as i do not want to spend the entire day away from the family ..... I mean, weekends are for personal time and family time ....

One thing that i have been putting off is my SKT ...i.e. My performance review...i just hate doing that ...i mean, it is tedious ...i have to recall what i have been doing the entire year...have to fill in the online forms ...etc etc ....i am not at all fond of this SKT ...it is essentially people judging you. ..sometimes the judgements may not be accurate ...one case in point, 3 years ago, I was reviewed by someone who do not know me at all, or of my work, but he was appointed as the HOD for my programme ...i was given a below par mark for my performance the entire year ...i was really low at that time ..but the following year i work my butt off ...doing research, publication etc etc ...i want to show this monkey that i am more than the 69.5 that he gave me! Guess what, i did sort of show him ...well, i got APC last year for my performance ..and that counts for something ....I know it is wayyyyyy out if my topic today, but hati ni masih membara setiap kali teringat peristiwa itu ...like the saying which says elephant never forgets ...lol am i an elephant here?

Anyway, now that we are in the second week already, and the dateline for the SKT is just round the corner, i wold have to start thinking about filling in my SKT form ....not looking forward to that at all!!!!

Mental note to self : check the dateline and get your arse off the chair and do the SKT!!!

2 comments:

Liz Duan said...

baby elephant yg comel-- i know i am up to taht performance review...malas nak tulis nak karang ayat...nak brag apa kita buat...but that's what it is...

Ejin said...

exactly ...the need to write up the things that you have done nie leceh ...kitorang plak, starting now dah nak start to use specific criteria ...e.g. supervise 1 student = 1 mark ...i mean, kalau lah tahun tu, memang ngko tak diberikan byk students untuk dijaga, does that mean you are not performing well ...tu yang aku malas, the criteria is becoming very rigid ..*baby elephant pun ok jugak