Monday, January 2, 2012

Welcoming 2012

It is 2nd January 2012 today ...only two days into the new year ...and it also means that it is my last day of relaxing after a long long break ....will be back at work tomorrow ...but tomorrow is another day ....am planning to be less complaining and producing more results ...lol ...

But, what I wanted to share today is a few events which had happened and will happened this week ....the most significant is that tomorrow, yes tomorrow, my dear darling nephew, Alistair is going to kindy ...he is 4 years old and has been looking forward to school and riding the school bus ...but he was adamant that he will not be going to school if he is not using the yellow school bus ...emmmm, that is a dillemma coz he will be sent by his daddy tomorrow ..and throughout the year ...his aki or myself will pick him up from kindy ....so, tomorrow is very exciting for all of us ....my dad was a bit apprehensive ..he was saying, if it is not about education and the fact that going to kindy at this age is a lifestyle nowadays, he would not let Al go to school ...dad justified this thinking of his solely on the fact that he could not bear the thought that his eldest grandson will be expose to outside influence, where he may be punished if doing something wrong, or being treated unfairly etc etc ...if possible, my dad want to put Al in a bubble wrap ...but he said he knows that it would be best for Al to mix with other kids ..and being exposed to different learning environment ...he said, now he understood why my grandparents were not that strict with my attendance and homework durng my pre-school years!!! Being a grandparent and a parent are two different role apparently ...

Since Jane could not take any leave tomorrow, my brother had asked me to go with him to the school ....am keeping my fingers crossed that Al would behave himself ..and that he would love school ..unlike me at that age!!!

Another significant event this week is that my sister is bringing her bf to meet our family. So far, I am the only one who have met the guy ....they will be arriving here this friday ...so, my parents - my mum, especially - is getting ready with a list of questions ...hahahahaha....

Will keep you guys posted on both developments ...

Goodnight all ..and Happy New Year to you ...may this new year brings us joy, happiness, great health and prosperity ...

3 comments:

fendifid said...

Happy schooling to AL.

Happy for ur sister.

Ejin said...

the funny thing is that I was more traumatised by Al going to school than the boy himself ...when he was crying saying that he wanted to go back with me, i was very tempted just to grab him and run to the car ...lol ..and the teachers seemed to read my mind - she asked me to go and leave Al, who was beginning to cry at that time :-)

Liz Duan said...

Al is such a agood boy...tak songgel cam...cam...cam....cam sapa ekkk?????he..he..he...

Yes, happy for your sister---go aunty go with all the questions...