Thursday, January 19, 2012

First lunch together in 2012

Instead of marking, I am blogging ...i really need a break from it all ...my question number two is really confusing the students (or was it me who was confused?)..i asked for two alternatives forms of CPT, but instead of giving me the answers (which are transport principle, whereby k= 4; market and supply principle with k=3, or administrative principle, where k= 7) all (and I mean ALL) of the students gave me two concepts of CPT (most popular were market range and threshold population) ...hellooooooo ...i am really confused now ...i am asking for alternative forms - so, why are you giving me concepts??? is the question too difficult to comprehend ...or did they just take for granted that the question is asking for any two of the concepts ...and stop reading the question properly??? as a result, i have to give them a really low mark for question 2 ...the most they will get is 5 (for correct explanation of CPT and the chosen terms) ...and that is 5 out of 20 ....i felt bad!but all is fair in marking ...





anyway, enough of that ....here are some photos of our first lunch together in 2012 ...when I said "we", it refers to Haslina, Bemen and myself ...ohh, and that day, we also had the pleasure of Iris's company at lunch ... we haven't seen each others like 2 weeks prior to this lunch as all of us were taking a long break for Christmas and New Year ....

Went to Pizza Hut ...as I was craving for some pasta ....and the rest was ok with the choice (as if we have THAT many choices of places to eat here in Samarahan) ...i ordered speghetti with meatball sauce, and that satisfied my cravings lol ....


The reason I ordered the dish was because I craved it so much ..wanted to cook it at home but nobody want pasta for dinner at my house ....so, it sort of wasteful if I were to cook meatball pasta (Delia Smith's recipe mind you!) just for myself ....the best solution is to have it elsewhere!

I still prefer carbonara dish at Elephant Bistro though ...but this is a good substitute since Elephant Bistro is so far away ...

Haslina ordered pasta carbonara ....which was nice as well ....but she was distracted coz she was trying to make sure Iris ate something, but the cutie pie was busy playing with Uncle Bemen's phone ....

It was a great lunch - we had time to catch up with each other's news ...before the start of a really busy month ...coz a few days after this took place, we started to get busy with various invigilations and marking marathons ...and we have not been able to go out for lunch again since then! so, the next lunch together will be after CNY break ....

In the meantime, am wishing all my Chinese friends a Happy Lunar New Year ...may the year of water dragon brings good luck, prosperity and happiness to you and your family ...

4 comments:

fendifid said...

Aiyoo...kesian your students.

I know...the best place for you to cook pasta is at Keramat or Kuantan. When?

Ejin said...

Aiyoooo no no nooooooo ...keramat is too near ngan kedai kedai happenning, so no pasta there ....and kuantan is a big no for pasta, coz kuantan means crab crab crab ....

Liz Duan said...

pizza hut ...adoii...cant tak it no more lah tekak aku ni....

Ejin said...

No choice lah ...nie lah yang paling dekat ngan opis
...sekangkang kera jer