Thursday, September 27, 2012

Going gaga over bread!

Not everybody has the time for leisurely lunch ...or even a good choice of eateries near their workplaces ...like a dear friend always said, she is stuck with her canteen food and have not much choice either ...

I am lucky in a way coz we have a number of eateries just outside the campus ...but the downside is we have to drive there and sometimes it is just not convenient ...especially when the timing clashes (when my lunch buddies are free, i am stuck with classes or other errands) ...or when i have classes during lunch hours ....or it is just plain maniac busy that I'll have to sacrifice lunch and just sat in front of my workstation all day trying to finish my work ....the scenario sounds familiar right?

and today I am bringing packed lunch to work. Bemen has a full schedule today, and that means I'll have to do lunch on my own. I dont to go out by myself (I always thought that only loser sat out to lunch on his/her own ...without friends hehehehe) so my solution was to pack my lunch. Since there are two loaves of fresh bread that has yet to be sliced at home, I decided to make myself a sandwich ....

 hahaha i had already taken a few bites before I remember to take a photo :-)

a simple sandwich ...with chicken slices, lectucce and tomatoes with a dash of coleslaw sauce to gel them together .....yummy! but most importantly, it was quick and easy!

My brother had his breakfast of eggs and chicken slices with this yummy bread as well this morning ...in fact the whole family is going gaga over this loaves :-) Al had this with his favourite nutella spread and mom had hers with peanut butter and grape jelly spread ...while jane and dad had theirs with eggs (dad had poached eggs and Jane took some of my scrambled eggs to put on her bread). All these can be done in seconds and will make a filling lunch or breakfast treats :-) I might be having tuna and sweetcorn sandwich for lunch tomorrow ...my all time favourite since my uni days ...

talk about uni days, bread and sandwiches were my good friends ...had them nearly everyday ... tuna sandwiches, tuna and sweetcorn sandwiches ...sampai muak! but now that I am home, i kinda miss those moments ... tuna pun tuna lah asal dok overseas hehehehe ....

who knows, I'll revert back to this routine when I am in NZ?

4 comments:

Liz Duan said...

eksen nak back to that routine hei...sedap nampak sandwich ko tu..

Ejin said...

of course sedap tau ...homemade bread (walaupun bukan kat rumah aku yang buat), with chicken slices, fresh lecttuce and tomatoes ...Along pun suker agaknya sebab healthy choice hehehe

fendifid said...

ekkk...aku still lapar nasi. Walaupun muka iras iras brad pitt...tekak still melayu sejati. lariiiiiii

Ejin said...

Hahahahaha .... Tak leh nak buat apa apa