Thursday, September 13, 2012

Sunday's lunch and household chores

My mum has been unwell for the last few days ...she gets tired easily and I fully understand her needs to have a rest over the weekend ..so, as much as possible, we are trying to do most of the chores over the weekend so that my parents have a little time for themselves ....dad, as always, will be doing his Soduku and mum just potter round the house ....

Jane decided to cook main dishes over the weekend ....said she wanted to try so new recipe that she found in the magazines .....she cooked fried chicken mamak style (marinated with curry and curry leaves) ...she has the patience to fry the chicken ...I am a complete opposite ...as much as possible, I would try to avoid any deep-frying recipe hehehe i hate the fact that the floor will be splattered with grease after the process ...and I am not a fan of mopping floors! If i really have to do some frying, I always do it on a Sunday ...coz our helper comes every Monday ..and our floor will be super clean and shiny again .....clever tactics, right?

the fried chicken wings

When I was thinking of cleaning the fridge, I saw a few vegetables there that must be used ....haven't really decided on what to cook till I found my kuah kacang instant ...so, decided there and then to make gado gado for lunch as well .....it was simple dish ...just assemble a few veges and pour the kuah kacang (peanut sauce)


i put in some boiled potatoes, hard-boiled eggs, fresh tomatoes (only found 1 tomato in the fridge!), and some long beans ....it was a hit ....my dad even requested that dish again soon ...he said sekali sekala tak makan daging atau ayam atau ikan laaaa ....so, am planning on buying satay one of these days and ask for extra peanut sauce :-) that would definitely simplify the process for me ....the kitchen goddess (NOT!) hahaha ...

now I am thinking of making some masak lodeh but dont know how ...might have to google it and maybe have lodeh over the coming weekend :-)

3 comments:

Liz Duan said...

you call it gado gado ke over there..i call it rojak???? kan fendu? love those lah..tapi tak tahu lah reti ke tidak buat sambal kacang tu...been ages since d last tie i made that...dulu masa bibik rosma i relied on her...her kuah kacang sedap but this new bibik yani tak pandai buat tu

Liz Duan said...

ko apkai segera ok ke?

Ejin said...

of course aku pakai yang segera ...hahaha tak koser aku buat kuah kacang sendiri :-)