Saturday, September 22, 2012

spending time with family

the weekend is here again ...seriously, time flies really fast nowadays!

Now that I am still in a limbo, not knowing when (if ever) I will be leaving, I plan on enjoying every available moments with my family ..coz I may be "directed" to go as soon as possible - only Gods know ...and it is weekend already ...and weekend seems to be the time when everyone is relax and just be there with each other ...there is no rush to do anything, no rush to take shower in the morning (hahahah) that everyone may still be in their PJs well into the afternoon .....no rush for lunch as we will be sitting round for heavy brunch (am planning on cooking something this weekend  - not sure yet what it will be though!), then a relaxing afternoon ...and leisurely time for dinner ....and same thing again on Sunday ...sound peaceful, right?

well, there were times in the past when all that is just a dream ...I was always busy with my work ....if it is not preparing for lectures, I will be involved in some research - which means my weekends will be spent poring over books, writing reports - or even field trips away from Kuching ...this year, all that has gone.Not time for family activities ...but part of that years, I was alone...with mom and dad in KL taking care of Al and what not ...then Airell came along and stayed with us ....I tried to make time, but it was hard ...but this year it all changes... Basically I have not been that busy this year coz I have decided to cut down my research as I am concentrating more on applying and preparing for my PhD ..that's why my weekends are more relax compared to previous years ...

and that's why this year, I have more weekend trips with my family ....

 beach side break during Easter this year

 walk at the park

 and I have more time with the kids ...they have this habit of barging into my room first thing in the morning ..and play in my room before they go to bed ... adik likes to watch DVD in my room, play on my bed, same with Al....he even run to my room if he is quarelling with his parents ...and sometime he choose to use my bathroom to do his business! If that is not a close bond, i dont what else to describe it :-)  I know I will them terribly when I am gone!!! I have yet to go, but i can feel that I will miss them so much ....

I am about to cry now (such a watery faucet!) and i better stop writing.  But yes, i am planning on spending as much time with my family nowadays .. and next weekend we will be gong for another shortbreak - this time at Damai Resort. To celebrate Adik's belated bithday and Dom's birthday ..and my belated birthday as well  ...

Guys, dont work too hard. Stop for a while and enjoy your time with your precious ones ..coz once it is gone, it will be lost forever ....time and tide wait for no men, so get your act together. Work is work, and it will always be there ...but family? your kids will grow up and you might miss the moments ...your parents will grow old, and you'll miss seeing them the way they used to be ....

Happy weekend people!


2 comments:

Liz Duan said...

weiii have watery eyes jugek ni....you are so right about spending time with family...by teh way i have nice beaches here but hardly jenguk@!

Ejin said...

hahaha rugi jer dok dekat pantai kalau tak jengah pantai oiii ....aku jugak yang belum sampai ke Teluk Cempedak nie ...ntah biler lah tu