Friday, September 7, 2012

my birthday - come and gone

Hi everybody ...

I just had an age transition (i.e. my birthday) a few days ago ....I am officially older than I was a year ago (ayat mengada ngada) ...and had a small celebration with family. It was also my parents' 40th wedding anniversary ...had a small makan makan at home just for us. But we will be celebrating again by going for a beachside weekend at the end of the month - as we are also celebrating adik's birthday (21st) and my brother birthday's (29th) by then ...so, in my family, September is a great month of celebrations!



my birthday wishes; or rather a checklist of 10 things that I want to do before i turn 50 (am giving myself 11 years to achieve this!!!):

(1)  study and complete my PhD. I want them to called my Doc in 3-4 years time ...tak jadi Doktor betol, jadi Doktor Falsafah pun jadi lah

(2)  i want to have my photo taken in front of Angkor Wat; Taj Mahal; Borabudur Temple

(3) I want to explore NZ- both south and north islands

(4)  to make my parents proud and happy (and i think #1 should do it, but am planning on taking them with me for #2 and #3)

(5)  will not focus solely on work - I need to have a life outside work. So, will do more travel and visit friends and family (hint hint - who wants to travel with me?) So, I would not have to say "sorry, i was busy for that ..." all the time - like what I am doing now!

(6)  renovate my house - to make it more me, me, me :-)

(7) learn at least two new skills - who knows, I may take up scuba diving!

(8) try new hobby/activities - other than eating, tv watching and travelling .....

(9) make my life more meaningful - so that when I am gone, at least I know that I have done something to help other people ...and not just wasted my life ...

(10) enjoy life - and to learn that there are things I can change but there are others that I just have to accept


and i am thankful for the life that I had - am truly blessed on all front - my work, my personal life, my family ...and i am so blessed with family and  friends who are there for me and ever willing to lend their hands/shoulders whatever to support me .... i love you guys!

3 comments:

fendifid said...

11) Eat eat eat...Ratu Ketam

Liz Duan said...

aku nak tambah for all of us..we ahev to naik HAJI

Ejin said...

hehehe thank you Liz kerana mengingatkan ...