Saturday, September 8, 2012

next project - patchwork blanket

My mom is on a mission ...she is very keen to make something for her only granddaughter. My family had this habit of giving something that we make ourselves as gifts for each of the newborn in my family - Al, adik and now Umang. When we knew Al was "on his way", my parents and I were busy making something for him ...mom made him some pillow, with nice, handpicked, material for the pillow covers ...while, dad and I started to make him a patchwork blanket ....and the blanket is still in used to this day ..it had been 5 years already!

Now, mom is planning on making a patchwork blanket for Umang. She asked me to drive her to MJC last weekend to get the materials that she need. The reason for this sudden urgency - well, my sister told my mom that Umang will be coming home at the end of the year ...and mum, being my mum, says that she must have the blanket and pillows etc ready for Umang ...her first visit to Kuching ...

here are the materials that my mom has chosen.


 this one is for adik ..to replace his pillow cases (for his bantal busuk)

 the one with the floral print is for me ...hehehe am planning on having a simple baju kurung made for me to bring to NZ ...

I am not sure what the design of the blanket is going to be...guess I'll be updating this blog when the blanket project is completed! and here is the latest pic of my neice:-)



the things that grandmothers do for their only granddaughter **sighhhhhhh

4 comments:

fendifid said...

she is so comellll.

Liz Duan said...

wah...aku teruja sgt dgn people yg boleh menjahit ni...i wish i ahve that skill...takat wishful thinnking aje aku ni...

Liz Duan said...

fendi tengok umang comel tu rasanya macam nak buat anak lagi kata nya...

Ejin said...

Fendi dah ada anak pompuan, ngko tu yang kena tambah lagi :-)