Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Being evaluated ...

Today was THE DAY ...the day that someone from my faculty actually comes into my class and assess how well (or how bad?) I teach ...this is my very first evaluation of this kind ..it is actually part of my Post Graduate Diploma thingy ...the last module is this i.e. teaching practice ...

I was calm yesterday coz I knew that all my slide notes are sorted ...i have taught this course for 5 semesters already ..come to think of it, this was the very first course that was given to me to teach ..way back in 2006...anyway, i was calm UNTIL i saw the note saying that I have to let the evaluator have a copy of my lesson plan ...hahaha my heart plummeted coz I was thinking "Thank God, i read this now ...rather than in the morning when everything will be too late" ...as a result, I stayed back till 7pm yesterday ...

For the first time ever I arrived in the class about 15 minutes before the start time ...just to see if the computer is working, the slide notes are ok ...etc etc ...and then it was business as usual ...my heart was doing these flip flop thing at the very beginning ...then I was ok UNTIL the last 5 minutes before the end of lesson ...can you imagine that I actually FORGOT to ask the students if they have any questions before I warp up the session ..duh' talking about nervousness ....duh' i was kicking myself all the way back to my office.

But Thank God - according to the evaluator - who came over and discuss about my "performance" later on - i did ok ...he has very little complain , and for that I am very happy indeed ....I have to improve and take on his comments (which I think is fair) in my next evaluation ....so, till then ....

3 comments:

fendifid said...

bravo bravo...caya laaa

bemenwong said...

Good!!! A++++

Ejin said...

Thanks guys...i am happy now ...waiting for the next evaluation...